Generators and Motors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion Antique Generators and Old Electric Motors: Questions and answers about restoring and showing old power generation systems.

Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion

Homelite Generator Carb Parts?

this thread has 11 replies and has been viewed 631 times

Old 10-03-2018, 07:36:39 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,739 Times in 1,050 Posts
Default Re: Homelite Generator Carb Parts?

Robert, I'll try, again, got a pic of the carb? I may have a rebuildable one,I'll give you, if it's one I have a spare of?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2018, 08:22:35 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,096 Times in 456 Posts
Default Re: Homelite Generator Carb Parts?

I don't have a picture unfortunately. I will see if I can get a picture of the carb next time I see the generator.

I can try to dig up the carb part number which Briggs no longer offers and does not have a cross reference to any other type of carb.

Edit, The generator I've been asked to work on has a carb that looks like this and has one adjustment screw which was seated fully on the generator. https://www.partstree.com/parts/brig.../parts/495652/ The only difference is the fuel inlet is facing down on this Homelite LR 2500 unit.

Got the engine running but can't come off choke position without engine dying. In choke position the engine runs and generates 123v and appears to be operating correctly. For run I would assume the front butterfly vane in the carb inlet should be in the open position fully since this is a 3600 rpm screamer. Yet the choke plate has to be closed for the engine to run. The choke plate has two large holes on either side of the central shaft. The engine is only breathing through those port holes in the butterfly vane in the carb.

Robert