Generators and Motors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion Antique Generators and Old Electric Motors: Questions and answers about restoring and showing old power generation systems.

Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion

Pincor Electric Power Plant

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 389 times

Old 11-07-2018, 09:14:13 PM
Registered

Default Pincor Electric Power Plant

I have an old generator that stopped making power. It is a Lister ST2 with a Pincor Electric Power Plant Model #LD70SDV Serial #2594. I am looking for a wiring diagram or manual for the Pincor. I also read that the magnet field might need to be energized. Maybe someone might be able to give me an ideal how to energize the field. I know you need to use a battery.

Thanks for help wit this.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2018, 10:33:10 PM
Registered-II

Default Re: Pincor Electric Power Plant

In the past I have rescued several generators that quit making power, including a 6500W Pincor. In every instance the problem was with the brushes. If you have not done so I recommend that you clean the commutator bars and slip rings THOROUGHLY then make sure the brushes are free in their holders and that all connections are good. Appearances can be deceiving here, I recently worked on one that I would have sworn the brushes were not the problem, but a bit of cleaning and the genset was happily making sparks again.

I'm not saying this is definitely your problem but if that machine were mine it is the first thing I would be looking at. Sorry, I've never reflashed one of these so I can't help you with that.
The Following User Says Thank You to s100 For This Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 11:00:33 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,082 Times in 509 Posts
Default Re: Pincor Electric Power Plant

I had a generator loosing power. It turned out that the carbon brushes were getting glazed. (oil-dust?) I cleaned them with fine emery. Then it worked good again. Ron
The Following User Says Thank You to Ronald E. McClellan For This Post: