Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Shows and Swap Meets
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Shows and Swap Meets Announcements, reviews, photos, movies and discussion about antique engine and tractor shows and swaps.

Shows and Swap Meets

What kind of swag do you want from a show?

this thread has 13 replies and has been viewed 1246 times

Old 11-13-2018, 12:34:03 PM
Registered-II

Default Re: What kind of swag do you want from a show?

If all goes well I think I will be at your show so now you are up to Two exhibitors if you bring your stuff Frank. Personally I could care less if I got a button or plaque. I don't Display them I show engines and tractors. Don't waste your money make the show enjoyable for all and people will remember to come the next year. Dan
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dan Hodge For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2018, 02:58:54 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,516 Times in 397 Posts

To me the worst thing is a ribbon. To be honest they pretty much end up in the garbage after being a drawer for awhile and getting crushed or bent out of shape.

A few shows have given exhibitors t-shirts and I think that is the most practical way of thanking an exhibitor and I've worn most of them.

The European shows have to best swag! They give you a brass plaque or in some cases a cast model of the featured engine/tractor. The Nuenen engine show is one of the best and I've attached photos of some of their examples.

A couple NW shows in the past have given nice brass plaques, but unfortunately these are usually only for significant shows and not an annual thing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nuenen-1.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	322831   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181113_103435_resized.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	322832   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181113_103539_resized.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	322833   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181113_103717_resized.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	322834  
Old 11-13-2018, 04:08:45 PM
Registered-I

If it's not too late to respond here.. I do like getting the metal plaque or button but I gotta admit they just get put in with the others, and t-shirts are welcome, but I'm not there for all that.. At one event I displayed at, one of the guys (who was a director there) came around and stopped specifically to say hello and thank you for displaying at our show. Ya know that was the best swag I've gotten yet. (There are places I've been to where I don't get so much as a wave!)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WesPete66 For This Post:
Old 11-17-2018, 03:51:03 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,717 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil K View Post
One show we attend sell exhibitors a meal ticket for lunch each day for 5$ and they put on a nice lunch just for the exhibitors which I thought was really nice.
Hello all
Over here a lot of rallies have the little plaque you can buy, and that's nice. I normally buy one.
The best thing the organisors of a rally has done for me is to put on a feed. It doesn't cost much to bung a BBQ on and many of the exhibitors really appreciate it. No need to cook or find a feed at night and it's a great way for the exhibitors to get to know each other and the organisors of that rally.
One really good rally used to just put on the free feed and all the 'grey nomad' tourists got know about and rocked up in great numbers lining up for a free feed. So now they have a cheap feed.
It doesn't take much to make exhibitors happy over here.

I'm definitley against the free entry for spectators and making the exhibitors pay. Without the exhibitors there is no show. How would a $2 entry plus the donation box be?
A few shows had the free fuel. Too much of it went into vehicles to get home. Practise stopped. The minority stuff it up for the majority.

Cheers Scott
PS: Asking what sort of swag would you like means a whole lotta other thing over here. A swag is what you sleep in.