Generators and Motors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion Antique Generators and Old Electric Motors: Questions and answers about restoring and showing old power generation systems.

Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion

Olympian 25kw g25f1s w/ Ford 2.5 looking for manual and help

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 192 times

Old 11-30-2018, 08:47:28 PM
Registered

Default Olympian 25kw g25f1s w/ Ford 2.5 looking for manual and help

I just picked up 2 Olympian 25kw generators. They both are powered by a Ford 2.5L 4 cylinder engine. They are set up for liquid propane, model G25F1S, somewhere around a 1999 or 2000 model.

I am looking for a maintenance manual or any help. The tag says it is sold by Cat, I have called 3 different cat dealers and they canít seem to find a manual, parts, etc......

I read that some of these olympians were made by Generac, but I donít think this is.

The engine has jumped time and I know I can look up how to time a ford ranger or other similar, but I am looking for manuals for future problems. Any ideas where to find one?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2018, 09:10:39 PM
Email NOT Working

Default Re: Olympian 25kw g25f1s w/ Ford 2.5 looking for manual and help

Only the really old ones are made by Generac. Those were made by FG Wilson and all the parts should be pretty standard. So if it works I would not worry about it.

I re-timed one of those engines in an Onan once and it was not real hard to do. I don't know what manual I used, if I even used a manual. But a Ford Ranger manual or instructions from the Internet should be good enough.
Old Today, 12:09:31 AM
Registered

Default Re: Olympian 25kw g25f1s w/ Ford 2.5 looking for manual and help

1 of these runs, but runs rough, I checked the timing and it looks like someone attempted to do a timing belt, but messed up on the oil pump pulley so itís running out of balance.

The second will not start, I put it in run and the engine interface module just clicks. It is a ďeim plusĒ. It just clicks, it has a light for glow plugs, starter, fuel valve and then another light. When flipped to run only the unlabeled light is on. From the internet this seems to be an over speed light? I pulled the module off the running generator and it does the same thing.

I canít find a manual or wire diagram for this part, any ideas?