Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Shows and Swap Meets
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Shows and Swap Meets Announcements, reviews, photos, movies and discussion about antique engine and tractor shows and swaps.

Shows and Swap Meets

Would love to have an Engine Show at Marathon Village in Nashville Tennessee

this thread has 7 replies and has been viewed 720 times

Old 12-04-2018, 01:21:12 AM
Registered-I

Default Would love to have an Engine Show at Marathon Village in Nashville Tennessee

IT would be great to have a large engine show at a old car factory in nashville tenn . we are no.2 or 3 tourist destination in Nashville tenn .but dont know where to start . If any group would like to put one together here let me no. ITS all free . could block off the street and have any swap meet . ck out marathon village .com or can email me at(marathonvillagenashville@gmail.com) Barry Walker .could make it a annual show !
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marathon man For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2018, 09:07:54 AM
Subscriber

Default Re: Would love to have a engine show at marathon village in nashville tennessee .

Great idea I would come and set up.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:25:54 PM
Registered

Default Re: Would love to have a engine show at marathon village in nashville tennessee .

Sounds like a good idea. I live in middle Tennessee and work downtown. I would be willing to help put it on and display a tractor or two.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:15:59 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 6,947 Times in 1,528 Posts
Default Re: Would love to have an Engine Show at Marathon Village in Nashville Tennessee

Barry,
I'd sure come and bring a few items. It would be a lot of fun and there are things to do, see and places to eat all surrounding the show area. I wished I lived a little closer. While I'm only a couple hours from you it still would be a bit far to be of much help in getting it organized....but I would come for sure!
Old 12-04-2018, 06:39:27 PM
Registered-II

Default Re: Would love to have an Engine Show at Marathon Village in Nashville Tennessee

I agree it sounds like a great idea! I live in north Alabama so I am only about an hour and a half away. We would definitely come and set up with some engines.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:08:44 PM
Subscriber

I am hosting the first annual engine show in Lima NY. On May 18 2019 so I am no expert but here is what I did.

I started by asking here on smokstak then I found the people in charge at every show I attended and asked what to do. The consensus was, first make sure you are crazy. Next, find a existing venue that has insurence. They made it very clear that if you can't find a place that already has insurence don't go any further.

I was fortunate that my church volunteered to provide the grounds, rest rooms, and food.

The next step as advised was to tell all the local shows about it. I have been amazed. People are publishing are show in there spring news letters and volunteering to bring kids pedel pulling tractor, and a barrel train and there engines. As you have already seen many are happy to bring engines.

Good luck, and have fun.

I will let you know how ours turns out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank DeWitt For This Post:
Old 12-05-2018, 12:46:05 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 6,368 Times in 2,352 Posts

I'd love to be able to make it to the show when you have one. Would you be interested in having any steam engines there? If so, I could probably put you in touch with someone that does hauling for some of the Middle TN shows.

Mike
Old 12-07-2018, 10:14:56 PM
Subscriber

what would really be neat is for all the owners of Southern engines and Heathcock rush to bring in and show those engines...along with of course other name brand engines..edgar
The Following User Says Thank You to Edgar For This Post: