Antique Engines and Old Iron

[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Off Topic Discussion > YouTube Old Iron Videos
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

YouTube Old Iron Videos A place to show your ON topic movies of antique engines and old iron.

YouTube Old Iron Videos

Dug OTTO out after a 16 Year Hibernation

this thread has 0 replies and has been viewed 1059 times

Old 06-26-2016, 01:20:07 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 7,899 Times in 3,757 Posts
Default Dug OTTO out after a 16 Year Hibernation

Here's a couple videos of my 1/2 Scale 1905 OTTO Tractor that my Dad built back in 1970, sold in 79 (after Grandpa died and grandma sold the farm so he lost his storage and sold all his tractors, engines, and other equipment) and I was able to get bought back in 92.

Been setting half buried in my shed since 2000 when I had it in at our Threshing show the last time and I decided to get it dug out again last month.

Exhaust valve was stuck tight and the gas tank had about a half inch of scaly rust buildup in it after setting that long, but I freed up the valve and cleaned out most of the rust before pouring the old gas back in and it fired up on the 3rd or 4th turn of the flywheel.

Ran it off and on around the yard a few times over the next couple weeks before getting it hauled in to our club's Museum for Fathers Day where I finally drained out the old gas again and put in some new stuff just so I wouldn't have to listen to people complaining out the foul smell of the old shtuff.

Yesterday I drove it up the road from the Museum to the Fairgrounds where we had a small display at the County Ag Breakfast to advertise for our Threshing Show in August and had to stop and pour a little extra gas in the carb a couple times due to a pitted check-ball in the fuel pump keeping it from pumping as good as it should have been.

Put a new check-ball in it today and drove it back down the road to the Museum again with No problems along the way.

After making that 20+ minute 3/4 mile road trip Twice in two days I have some new-found respect for the early farmers driving their Steam Engines and Prairie Tractors several miles from one farm to the next in the Threshing Circuits back in the early 1900s. That's a "Slow-Ride" for sure. But fun none-the-less.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to OTTO-Sawyer For This Post:
Sponsored Links