Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Scale Model Engineering
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Scale Model Engineering Steam, gas and hot air model engines, tractors and accessories. Machining and milling castings.

Scale Model Engineering

Hit & Miss Model from Banggood

this thread has 29 replies and has been viewed 3037 times

Old 05-05-2019, 02:14:44 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,720 Posts
Default Re: Hit & Miss Model from Banggood

Yesterday, I got a notification that my engine has been shipped, so I guess it’ll be almost another month yet, but we’ll see what happens.

Check out my engine videos at https://m.youtube.com/user/Cletrac
SmokStak member #146
The Following User Says Thank You to Junkologist For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2019, 04:15:47 PM
Subscriber

Mike, I got my 2nd "new and improved" one today. From the time they actually shipped it until it was on my porch was only 4 days. Good shipping service there.
I still haven't run either one, but improved one does look "improved". Good luck.
Old 05-09-2019, 04:41:57 PM
Subscriber

I gave up on the Eachine and other cheap options and finally ordered direct from Jin at Microcosm for $330 delivered. As usual, great and fast service.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:38:51 PM
Subscriber

Now ya tell me.....
Old 05-09-2019, 11:26:08 PM
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim B View Post
Now ya tell me.....
I got yanked around quite a bit from the Eachine seller on ebay, claiming it was shipped, sending me bogus tracking numbers (which were the same numbers another friend got) and finally being told US customs wouldn't let my engine through and was given the refund that went to Jin instead. All to try and save $30...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nick Severson For This Post:
Old 05-17-2019, 03:52:55 PM
Registered

I just got mine this week. I had ordered it in late March. The exhaust valve was being held slightly open by the pushrod so I was getting no compression. The flywheel with the weights attached was also assembled to close to the engine frame. This causes the catch lever to never hold the exhaust open. Fortunately I noticed this before I tried to start it. Both easy fixes and it fired right up. Also seems to be a little hard starting for me however. I'm trying to come up with a nice solution for the spark plug wire as mine came with no boot, connector or anything other than the wire. Definitely needs a cylinder oiler however. I could feel the O ring getting tight after a bit of running. I think zippo fuel helps to lubricate the cylinder.
The Following User Says Thank You to iff7378 For This Post:
Old 05-18-2019, 06:55:49 AM
Registered

Slip a piece of clear fuel line over the spark plug wire and then to the plug. That's all mine had on it. Works good. I oil mine with a drop or two to everything before start up. You can even get to the cylinder with piston at tdc with a long spout oiler. When starting cold, hold finger over carb for a couple of revolutions. Then use finger as choke plate till warm up.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:30:33 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by iff7378 View Post
I just got mine this week. I had ordered it in late March. The exhaust valve was being held slightly open by the pushrod so I was getting no compression. The flywheel with the weights attached was also assembled to close to the engine frame. This causes the catch lever to never hold the exhaust open. Fortunately I noticed this before I tried to start it. Both easy fixes and it fired right up. Also seems to be a little hard starting for me however. I'm trying to come up with a nice solution for the spark plug wire as mine came with no boot, connector or anything other than the wire. Definitely needs a cylinder oiler however. I could feel the O ring getting tight after a bit of running. I think zippo fuel helps to lubricate the cylinder.
Do you recall if you found a set screw to slide the flywheel out? I think mine has the same issue, but i have not located a flywheel set screw. Thank you
Old 05-19-2019, 12:16:25 AM
Registered-II

Hi Team,
the flywheel retaining set screw is in the center of the flywheel hub, in between two spokes, way down in a drilling on mine--a standard long/short leg Allen key of suitable size is all that is needed to access it.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Eddie B.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:59:03 AM
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie bedwell View Post
Hi Team,
the flywheel retaining set screw is in the center of the flywheel hub, in between two spokes, way down in a drilling on mine--a standard long/short leg Allen key of suitable size is all that is needed to access it.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Eddie B.
Yes, mine has two set screws in each flywheel hub, one side came loose after the first 15 minutes of running
The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Severson For This Post: