Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Cushman BEAN SPECIAL Cub?

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 2403 times

Old 11-12-2006, 02:16:23 PM
Registered-II

Default Cushman BEAN SPECIAL Cub?

Can anyone advise me as to the horse power of a Cushman gas engine that is identified as a BEAN SPECIAL? Is this engine ignitor of spark plug fired and where one could find parts for it? I have looked in several company's parts booklets and have found no mention of the Cushman Bean Special Cub engine. Also, why is it designated as a Bean Special? Any and ALL information would be greatly appreciated. eagleeyelee65
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2006, 06:08:22 PM
Registered-III

Default Re: Cushman BEAN SPECIAL Cub?

Hello,

Don't have a lot of information but the Bean Special probably means it was used with a Bean sprayer. The Bean company built orchard sprayers, and I think engines for a while. They build sprayers still.
I'm sure someone will be along, with more info soon.

Bill
Old 11-12-2006, 06:13:16 PM
Registered-III

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeyelee65 View Post
Can anyone advise me as to the horse power of a Cushman gas engine that is identified as a BEAN SPECIAL? Is this engine ignitor of spark plug fired and where one could find parts for it? I have looked in several company's parts booklets and have found no mention of the Cushman Bean Special Cub engine. Also, why is it designated as a Bean Special? Any and ALL information would be greatly appreciated. eagleeyelee65
Just call it a Cushman Cub . When they were used on orchard sprayers they were called the Bean special. Sears sold the same engine and Called it The Farm master, Still the same engine. Don't know about the engine in question but they were made in 1.5, 2, 3, and 4 H.P. I believe all the Cubs were spark plug with a Wico magneto. They had Timken roller bearings on the mains and they should not be too hard to find at any good bearing supply house. I hope this will help am little. Good luck in a good hobby, Joe Morris
Old 11-13-2006, 12:29:38 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 2,585 Times in 1,389 Posts

I have a 3hp Bean special. Yes, like the others said, it was used on a Bean sprayer. Hit & Miss Enterprises has (or had) lots of parts for Cubs, in the last catalog I got from them, which was a few years ago. Shouldn't be hard to find used parts, they made a bunch of them...
Ron in CO...