Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines > Garden Tractors and Mowers
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Garden Tractors and Mowers Vintage lawn and garden tractors, mowers, snow blowers, snowmobiles and other old machinery that is driven by small air cooled engines.

Garden Tractors and Mowers

Got my first DB home

this thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 415 times

Old 08-25-2019, 11:25:01 PM
Registered

Default Got my first DB home

So I am a new proud dad of a DAvid Bradley. Though itís older then me hahah. New cleat rubber. And a flat head 5hp Briggs. So I will have to make a tank to go back to original spot and make a pipe with muffin. Hood is in great shape and trans too. Though it leaks out the axle seals. I found the old post for the seals part numbers. And has a middle buster with full shovel on it. And the triangle tool with adjustable pan height to make the little shovels set for make rows I am guessing. I have never used that tool and we just disc the ground and rake the clumps and and grass out by hand. Then hoe the rows up by hand. Iím 34 and that was when I was a kid so. But I donít have the pulley for other belt attachments to go to. This is a pole frame type where the handle bars are clamped to the trans. And has only a clutch level no two speed and no reverse. Want to make a plow for the front. And get a sickle as well as mike a sulky to ride and a wagon to pull my girls around with it in fall a spring shows.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2019, 03:22:26 AM
Subscriber

Default Re: Got my first DB home

Spencer,

Glad you found one of the old bullet noses! Make sure to post some pictures on your progress.

Brent
Old 08-26-2019, 06:05:24 AM
Registered

Thank you I diff will. Iím in central Mississippi and traveled 4 hrs to Memphis TN to get it. The guy that had it was a young guy about my age. He does micro greens and could not use it at his city house. Was using it last yr when they lived north of there and he had land big enough to work it in. I wish we had a site or a page on here just for the owners of them to post there serial numbers and state there in. Be really neat to watch them travel from owner to owner over time . Maybe thatís asking a little to much. Is there still a paint code for this for repainting them. I still have the original paint on all of it but. Is dead even the rims are still dull green. He got it from a guy and was barn keep. Had feed bags wrapped with hay twine. But did not tell me state or any other history then that.
Old 08-26-2019, 10:31:08 AM
Registered

Well Iíll try again later but canít put photos on. Gives me a 500 internal server code error. I know weíre getting the site updated so maybe soon Iíll try again.
Old 08-30-2019, 09:35:52 PM
Registered

Click image for larger version

Name:	C90E9F08-639B-4C69-A7AA-D75DDC73D63E.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	279.8 KB
ID:	342667

Name:	C5E2D929-5DAB-49AE-B6AF-9020BD56F077.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	342668

Name:	2379EF39-DA99-4B22-8E2E-0FDC60CB931A.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	342669
The Following User Says Thank You to SpencerPearson For This Post:
Old 08-30-2019, 09:40:12 PM
Registered

Photo Re: Got my first DB home

Took a good day to remember how but got it. Has bad axle seals so the ones I got from a old thread I ordered and will put them in tomorrow. But question, do I have to take the case apart to put them in or can I pull them and install new ones in from out side using a soft peace of wood to tap them in evenly flat. And I made a wagon to pull behind it. But the 3 hp Briggs is a little weak. Thinking of using 5 hp or bigger. Think that will throw the balance off when no using the wagon? Like making the nose heavy?