Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Shows and Swap Meets
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Shows and Swap Meets Announcements, reviews, photos, movies and discussion about antique engine and tractor shows and swaps.

Shows and Swap Meets

Advice for First Time at a Swap Meet

this thread has 11 replies and has been viewed 4018 times

Old 04-14-2012, 09:19:38 AM
Registered-III

Default Re: Advice for First Time at a Swap Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
I have to agree with Kevin,not all people are honest i once saw a guy take an item at an auction in dresdon ontario, and he saw i was looking at him, he tried giving me a look as to scare me.If it were up to me i would smash his hands up with a hammer,maybe i will get the chance to do that next time.Only a sack of crap would steal from a dead mans auction.
Personally, I can not believe that I could ever have fun with or even show anyone something I had stolen. I know that there are people will cheat and steal anytime they are given a chance, but how proud could you possibly be of, say, a trophy that you won by CHEATING? I just don't get it!!
The Following User Says Thank You to dondlhmn For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2012, 08:22:13 PM
speleausmining

Default Re: Advice for First Time at a Swap Meet

As above. I dont think I could be proud of something I got through theft or cheating. On another note I have found it frustrating at shows when people are not present at their booths and or they do not have items priced. I have walked away a few times just because I couldent find the seller or there was no price. I personally like to see prices on things because it gives me a base line on how this guy values his stuff (high low average) and it also gives me a point to start a negotiation from. Be prepared to bargin with people (I usually walk away if the price is "firm") but at the same time dont give your stuff away.