Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion

Anyone Know Don Miller?

this thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 2694 times

Old 10-31-2009, 03:03:57 PM
Subscriber

Default Anyone Know Don Miller?

Gentlemen?
Back in early March, we sent payment to Mr. Miller in Independence, MO to make us an ignitor for our Rawleigh-Schreyer engine. This was via money order which evidently did arrive at his location promptly. We came across his name as an advertiser here on Smokstak.
Since that time, we have not heard back from Mr. Miller and any efforts to contact him either via email or phone have proved fruitless. Any messages left have not been returned. The part has not shown up at this time.
Now, he did indicate in the spring that the job could take up to 3 months. But since we have not heard back, we are just wondering if anyone knows if something has happened to him or otherwise?
Thank you for any help or information.
B.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2009, 05:29:41 PM
Registered

Default Re: Anyone Know Don Miller?

It took me 3 calls to get a call back from him (rec'd the call a few days ago). I've heard from other engine people that he takes a very long time to return parts and/or respond, although I have not had any experience with him personally other than the phonecall. Not a good way to do business in my opinion, but that's just me.

Chris
Old 10-31-2009, 06:47:23 PM
Registered

Smile Re: Anyone Know Don Miller?

I just bought a newly made Rawleigh-Schryer ignitor from Lee Anderson in Frazee, Minnesota. Off the shelf and in my hand in a week. Excellent product, excellent service. Al Wait
Old 10-31-2009, 11:14:44 PM
Registered

I sent payment off last February for an ignitor and I am still waiting. I have contacted him several times and it usually takes three or four before you get a reply. Still hopefull but losing patience.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:53:40 AM
malromes

Here's the email I have.

Good Luck.

Craig here: Please ask malromes for the email address.......

Last edited by Craig A; 11-01-2009 at 01:17:17 AM. Reason: remove email address
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Post:
Old 11-04-2009, 04:03:33 PM
Subscriber

Thanks for the information guys. I guess all we can do is keep trying. We just have not been able to make contact and wondered if there were some health problems or otherwise? Seems like others are facing the same issues.
B.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:32:57 AM
Registered

Thanked 1,106 Times in 177 Posts

I also bought a Fairbanks Morse model T ignitor from Don Miller. I waited a very long time with occasional emails to him with no response. After a year I moved house....still no ignitor. After living at my new house for 18 months the ignitor arrived!!!! Not that well made and sprayed in silver paint to make it look OK!! After waiting so long someone made me an offer on the engine and I took it..........anyone looking for an ignitor for a Fairbanks??
My advice..steer clear of him.
Mike