Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Horse Drawn Equipment
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Horse Drawn Equipment Old iron designed for the purpose of hitching up to a horse or a team. This old iron machinery may be used or demonstrated while hooked to an old iron tractor too.

Horse Drawn Equipment

McCormick Corn Binder Elevator

this thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 1272 times

Old 03-27-2017, 01:21:23 PM
Registered

Default McCormick Corn Binder Elevator

Guys, I need some help if you can. Looking for anybody who has the wagon elevator on their corn binder. I'm talking the great big tall one that would load the wagon being drawn next to the binder. Here's the story:

I got a line on a guy that had both the bundle conveyor (short 5' conveyor that moved a batch of the bundles out of the way of the next pass) and the wagon elevator (8' or so long elevator that moved the bundles up for the guys in the wagon to stack up). I picked them both up for $100. Great condition. Original paint. Rusty locked up drive line, but that's not a bad project to get freed up. Here's the kicker. I found the hook up pictures of the bundle conveyor, but I cannot find hookup pictures for the wagon elevator. The elevator I got is missing all the hook up components and the bogey wheel. I have seen one at the Edgerton WI steam show last year that was complete, but didn't take enough pictures to make a difference. Hoping to see pictures of the attaching points for it before I decide if it's worth trying to replicate parts for it.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2017, 08:38:41 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,050 Times in 511 Posts
Default Re: McCormick corn binder elevator

Did u try google & g images? I didn't have much time but found this, not sure it helps. go to full screen and use + sign and keep enlarging it. good luck with ur project.

https://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/c...74%2C3313.3333
The Following User Says Thank You to mschreiber For This Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 11:24:57 PM
Registered

Hello, I have an Instruction and Parts manual for Bundle Loaders for the horse drawn and power corn binders. There were not to many of them used in this area mostly in part to the hilly land and side hills. If you would like me to send you a copy of the manual send me a private message with your address and I will get it out as soon as I can. Steve
The Following User Says Thank You to StevenC For This Post:
Old 03-31-2017, 07:49:01 AM
Registered-III

fordhead, i might add that you may have luck purchasing the parts you need buy placing a ad on harrys engine ad page. https://www.enginads.com/classifieds...at.php?cat=all

a lot of guys that visit there don't throw stuff out.
The Following User Says Thank You to mschreiber For This Post:
Old 04-05-2017, 07:07:02 PM
Registered-III

maybe this could help, .99 on epay. McCormick Deering Special Bundle Elevator Corn Binder Instruction booklet. http://www.ebay.com/itm/232289186819...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordhead1983 View Post
Guys, I need some help if you can. Looking for anybody who has the wagon elevator on their corn binder. I'm talking the great big tall one that would load the wagon being drawn next to the binder. Here's the story:

I got a line on a guy that had both the bundle conveyor (short 5' conveyor that moved a batch of the bundles out of the way of the next pass) and the wagon elevator (8' or so long elevator that moved the bundles up for the guys in the wagon to stack up). I picked them both up for $100. Great condition. Original paint. Rusty locked up drive line, but that's not a bad project to get freed up. Here's the kicker. I found the hook up pictures of the bundle conveyor, but I cannot find hookup pictures for the wagon elevator. The elevator I got is missing all the hook up components and the bogey wheel. I have seen one at the Edgerton WI steam show last year that was complete, but didn't take enough pictures to make a difference. Hoping to see pictures of the attaching points for it before I decide if it's worth trying to replicate parts for it.

Thanks!
Old 04-05-2017, 08:41:11 PM
One Millionth Post

Thanked 4,803 Times in 2,535 Posts

You will notice that there were two different style corn binders. The Deering type (horizontal) and the more common McCormick type ( vertical) units. The book listed is for the Deering type. The two units are totally different and parts are not interchangeable.
The Following User Says Thank You to FWurth For This Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 08:51:37 AM
Registered

Yeah, that one would do me no good. I've got a McCormick regular (not short) binder. Plus by the time I saw it, it's now sold and gone.