Oil Field Engines
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Oil Field Engines & Related Equipment
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Oil Field Engines & Related Equipment OFES members otherwise known as "Oafs". If you like "BIG OLD GREASY RUSTY OIL FIELD ENGINES, you're in the right place. Founded by Russell Farmer.

Oil Field Engines & Related Equipment

Two more members of Heaven's engine club

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 577 times

Old 02-25-2019, 10:44:37 PM
Sponsor

Thanked 1,761 Times in 244 Posts
Default Two more members of Heaven's engine club

Our hobby has lost two longtime members this month.

Augie Holtz, age 90, from Pleasantville Pa. passed away on Feb. 7th. He was born in Titusville. Augie was employed by Quaker State for many years and his knowledge of the oil fields and machines was immense. For many years Augie was responsible for pumping McClintock Well #1 in Rouseville Pa. and kept it in the record books as the oldest producing well in the world.

John Derby, age 61, passed away on Feb. 10th. John had recently retired from the Army Corps of Engineers and had moved back to his native Pennsylvania but was at his new home in The Villages, Florida at the time of his death. John wrote several articles for Gas Engine Magazine in the past and had a detailed memory of where he had seen many engines while grouse hunting- even years later. He could often be seen at Coolspring Power Museum running his shelfmount 8hp Evans.

They each have left a lasting impression on many. I was fortunate to call both of them my friends. Bill Klein
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to W.P.Klein For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2019, 12:19:26 AM
Registered-I

Default Re: Two more members of Heaven's engine club

never had the pleasure but r.i.p.
The Following User Says Thank You to ulgydog56 For This Post: