Generators and Motors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion > Onan Generators
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Onan Generators Restoring, operating and maintaining vintage Onan generators.

Onan Generators

Onan Magniciter Theory FAQ

this thread has 80 replies and has been viewed 51684 times

Old 11-21-2017, 03:13:57 PM
Registered-I

Default Re: Onan Magniciter Theory FAQ

The images are measured at the F1 and F2 terminals. DC input to the field. Very sharp rise, and then the decrease to zero volts No negative-going pulses. Two "pulses" are one complete cycle of the AC waveform, hence the frequency showing double actual AC frequency. I will get images of the AC waveform and publish them. There is very little discernible "notch" in the AC waveform. The notches are on the "falling" (toward zero crossover) on both the positive and negative sides of the AC waveform. The peaks of the DC waveform are at approximately 120* and 300* of the AC cycle. Hard to tell; I don't think I have a way to measure that angle or position. But, the images I originally published show clearly where they occur, even though the measuring procedure was faulty. The more I read on magnetic amplifiers, the easier it is to determine exactly how the Magneciter operates. Information is a good thing, along with all the very knowledgeable Stackers! zuhnc
Sponsored Links