Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Tracking Down all Fairbanks Plug Oscillator Engines

this thread has 23 replies and has been viewed 1986 times

Old 02-03-2019, 12:51:22 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Tracking Down all Fairbanks Plug Oscillator Engines

Nice engine Dave, your chances of finding an unbroken head are slim. I would repair the head you have. They are easy to fix. Do a search on this site and you will find several threads on repairing broken cylinder heads.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2019, 01:35:41 PM
Registered

Thanks, Turbo.

The issue with this head isn't so much that it's cracked, but the seats are rusted away, esp the exh. It sat for decades covered up with a stack of burlap bags. I'm going to try to cut a new seat, but it looks like there isn't enough mat'l left.

I should not clog this thread any farther. I'll start a newbie asking for help thread.
Dave
Old 02-04-2019, 02:11:28 PM
Registered-I

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebrode View Post
Thanks, Turbo.

The issue with this head isn't so much that it's cracked, but the seats are rusted away, esp the exh. It sat for decades covered up with a stack of burlap bags. I'm going to try to cut a new seat, but it looks like there isn't enough mat'l left.

I should not clog this thread any farther. I'll start a newbie asking for help thread.
Dave

I have a head with a very well done old repair to the bottom if your interested. My phone number is 585-four eight five-8005
Texting is easier for me.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:11:32 PM
Registered

hitmissfan, I'll contact you.

Moderator, please feel free to edit anything from or to me in this thread that's not desired.

Here is a thread on my rebuild https://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184595
The Following User Says Thank You to davebrode For This Post: