Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

An ENGINE lead was obtained

this thread has 0 replies and has been viewed 665 times

Old 02-07-2019, 09:08:40 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 7,433 Times in 1,639 Posts
Default An ENGINE lead was obtained

about a year and a half ago, and after a follow up to the lead at the time, nothing was for sale as it was part of an estate. No mention, or information could be obtained on the engine or model except that the model was built as a model of a full sized engine, and the guessing began – what could it be ? Then this past week, I was cleaning out some old notes found in the “follow up” bin and decided its time to “follow up”. I went to the address over the weekend, but no one was around . The next follow up call resulted in mr abc saying you need to talk to mr xyz later in the afternoon . I called, and mr xyz wasn’t around, but ms xyz gave me some additional information, and that nothing was for sale, but would forward me a couple pictures. Well, that didn’t happen, so I called back in a few days, and mr abc gave me some history on the engines . One was a restored F/M 3HP Z, and the other was a well known model of a rare engine, neither of which were for sale . So much for getting excited on finding a rare engine. All is good as I close out this lead and thank mr “Flea” market acquaintance for the information, and I still had a “FUN” day, even in NJ on the way through.

Ps: I also got an engine lead from a different ”FLEA” market acquaintance last week, that resulted in me finding another F/M 3HP Z on the way home that day - NFS. Just keep on looking I say, and one of these days I’ll find something interesting, that’s for sale .
Make a new friend today, and a lot on the way through . Paul-"OLDIHC" #227

My YouTube channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/njoldihc
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Paul Spence For This Post:
Sponsored Links