Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Farm + Industrial Antiques and Collectibles
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Farm + Industrial Antiques and Collectibles Old belt driven farm equipment: shellers, milkers, threshers, pumps and antiquities of the industrial revolution.

Farm + Industrial Antiques and Collectibles

Trash pump diaphragm source?

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 246 times

Old 04-15-2019, 11:05:07 AM
Registered

Default Trash pump diaphragm source?

Hello, all. Saved a net little trash pump with a Clinton B700 on it the other day. There are no markings on the unit that I can find. Sits on a little 2 wheel rolling truck. I'll see about getting some photos later.
The working end of the pump is about 16" square, with about a 14" round diaphragm inside. It's not just flat rubber, it's bowled of course. Again, I'll see about photos. Of course, it has been covered in dirt for many years open to the elements and the rubber is shot. Has about a 5" stroke so I really doubt something like an inner tube would hold up even for show purposes.
Anyway, did some searching but mostly found piston pump info. What are you fellow mud sucker pump owners doing?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2019, 03:48:15 PM
Sponsor

Thanked 6,449 Times in 4,161 Posts
Default Re: Trash pump diaphragm source?

I, too am looking for a replacement diaphram for a Goulds mudsucker. Local dealer is not interested in getting one for us, says no profit in it The pump ws made in the '30s, and was used in a local mine for many years. The mine was abandonned in 1958, and the pum was recovered via scuba gear in the late 1960s. Our engine club has had it since. Anybody have diaphrams for our old pumps?
Andrew
Old 04-15-2019, 03:58:37 PM
Registered-I

Here's a google hit - they say that they have various rubber coated fabrics for diaphraghms. Might not hurt to give them a call...

http://sscrubber.com/home/our-produc...oated-fabrics/
Old 04-15-2019, 05:41:35 PM
Registered-III

Always try McMaster-Carr for odd stuff.