Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines > Wisconsin Engines
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Wisconsin Engines Single cylinder up to V4 engines.

Wisconsin Engines

Wisconsin AK exhaust valve

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1362 times

Old 06-23-2014, 10:22:43 PM
Registered

Default Wisconsin AK exhaust valve

Recently picked up a Wisconsin AK at an auction. Won the bid at 5 dollars understanding that it probably had a few issues. No spark was cured with a condenser and new spark plug wire. Found exhaust valve was stuck and the previous owner tried to remove it with a pair of pliers. Tried saving it but it only contacts the seat on one side. Anybody have an idea where I can locate an exhaust valve on a budget? Would like to use this engine on my air compressor but if I have to scrap that idea I will part it out

Thanks
Nick
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2014, 10:45:55 PM
Registered-III

Default Re: Wisconsin AK exhaust valve

The exhaust valve you need is a Wisconsin AE-74-C, although a stellite AE-74-D will also suffice

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wisconsin-En...item43c4c99be8

You can try contacting Tim Stine of Rock Creek Consulting, 1-814-766-3675 He might have a better price on a new exhaust valve,

I would definitely consider giving your valves a good lapping with some permatex valve grinding compound or the like. I have seen many Wisconsin engines run with chipped valves/seats, and wildly out of range clearances. When properly set and tuned, your engine will start on the first or second crank everytime! If it does not, it needs some more attention. They are great engines, and will serve you well.

Chris
Old 04-04-2019, 02:27:47 PM
Registered

Default Re: Wisconsin AK exhaust valve

I have ak wisconsin engine thanks dan !~