Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion > Military MEP and Aircraft Gen-Sets
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Military MEP and Aircraft Gen-Sets MEP Mobile Electric Power, APU Auxiliary Power Unit and other military surplus generators.

Military MEP and Aircraft Gen-Sets

WW2 Beach Master Alternator Carb

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 387 times

Old 04-21-2018, 07:57:20 AM
Registered

Default WW2 Beach Master Alternator Carb

Hello. I have recently come across an old homelite generator made for a P.A. system or beach landings.

It is a small 1500 watt 120 volt generator. I am looking for a carburetor for it. The banjo type fuel fitting and the bolt that holds it on are broken. I'm pretty sure these have the same engines as the DC generators that were used to provide ground power to B17 and B24 airplanes.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2018, 08:13:19 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,719 Times in 1,566 Posts
Default Re: WW2 Beach Master alternator carb

Depends on your goal... Do you want to just get it going or to bring it back to factory original? To just get it going just adapt a cheap chonda clone carb to the engine. Which carb to use would depend upon mount, venturi size and govenor linkage needs.
Doc
Old 04-21-2018, 08:18:46 AM
Registered

Default Re: WW2 Beach Master alternator carb

I'd like to bring it back to original. It has a cool setup that uses the crankcase pressure to pressurize the fuel tank.