Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion > Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu Generators
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu Generators Restoring, maintaining and operating Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu, and clones.

Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu Generators

Honda's New Inverter Generator EG2800I

this thread has 14 replies and has been viewed 7646 times

Old 10-02-2016, 01:54:47 PM
Registered-I

Default Honda's New Inverter Generator EG2800I

It looks like a nice idea, but it should of had a parallel option. Its nice to see Honda coming out with new generators. http://powerequipment.honda.com/gene...dels/EG2800iXA
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2016, 04:03:09 PM
Registered-I

Default Re: Honda's New Inverter Generator EG2800I

That is pretty cool and not to expensive for a Honda. I agree being able to parallel would be great. I am going to the Honda shop at some point this week Maybe they will have one in stock and can get a good look at one.thanks for the heads up
Old 10-03-2016, 09:25:59 AM
Registered-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawsplace56 View Post
Maybe they will have one in stock and can get a good look at one.thanks for the heads up
The new open-frame inverter models (EG2800i and EB2800i) are shipping to dealers this week...

What's the difference? The EG is marketed for home back-up, and features a 30A receptacle for connection to a transfer switch.

The EB is for commercial/construction/rental use, and is OSHA-jobsite approved, with full GFCI outlets and is neutral bonded to frame.

More here:

http://powerequipment.honda.com/gene...ofi-generators

- - -
I work for Honda, but the preceding is my opinion alone.
Robert@Honda
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robertathonda For This Post:
Old 10-03-2016, 11:49:20 AM
Registered-I

I found the operators manual following your link http://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com/...X31Z43G000.pdf

Robert, looking at it does the inverter come off the Magneto side or PTO side. From what i can tell from the photos. it seems to be coming off the Mag side like the EU2000i. just looking thanks
Old 10-03-2016, 03:07:31 PM
Registered-II

Quote:

Robert .
looking at it does the inverter come off the Magneto side or PTO side. From what i can tell from the photos. it seems to be coming off the Mag side like the EU2000i. just looking thanks
It's a similar engine/gen layout to the EU2000i...the GC160 engine used on the new generator models have a rotor that acts as the flywheel, which has the cooling fan and pull-starter all mounted on the same side.

Here's a 360 view on this page where you can see all the sides:

http://powerequipment.honda.com/gene...dels/EB2800iXA

- - -
Robert@Honda
The Following User Says Thank You to robertathonda For This Post:
Old 10-09-2016, 02:31:34 PM
Registered-I

I was at my Local Mower shop the other day and he sells Honda Generators. He was too busy when i was in there the other day so i didnt ask him about if he was getting any in ,
I see Robert@honda they have a little cap over the PTO end then i see the recoil on the inverter side. I like the idea of the EG inverter , But what am waiting for is the trickle down of the fuel injection. has there been any whispers on that , How is that working out on the 7000i ? i really have not heard any complaints. Does the fuel injection system solve the crappy gas issues ? I work on many Honda engines during the summer carb issues are always there
Old 10-10-2016, 11:13:45 AM
Registered-II

Quote:
I was at my Local Mower shop the other day and he sells Honda Generators.

But what am waiting for is the trickle down of the fuel injection.
The new EG2800i and EB2800i are just shipping this past week, so it will take a bit of time for dealers to get them and be up to speed.

Can't share any specifics on future FI products, but surely it is the way of the future.

What really makes it 'work' with less-than-prefect gasoline is the 40 psi fuel pump; when it literally injects fuel into the cylinder at such a high pressure, there's no slime or gunk in the world to slow it down. Honda is so confident of this, products with FI don't have a fuel drain.

- - -
Robert@Honda
Old 10-10-2016, 05:07:50 PM
Registered-I

Ive seen stale fuel stop a EFI vehicle, so ime sure it will happen to EFI small engines. Its not a magic cure for stale fuel.
The Following User Says Thank You to debe For This Post:
Old 10-10-2016, 07:24:44 PM
Registered-I

Quote:
Originally Posted by debe View Post
Ive seen stale fuel stop a EFI vehicle, so ime sure it will happen to EFI small engines. Its not a magic cure for stale fuel.
Agreed. There's no getting around that gasoline today with ethanol is a game changer for the worst for every gas engine. IMO Honda dropped the ball by discontinuing the EB12d. A 12,000 watt diesel generator today would sell very well for those of us with a home backup application who have central A/C. Also Diesel is much safer to store, and stores longer than today's gasoline. Soon E-85 will be jammed down our throats by our masters in Washington. Generator ownership has grown quiet a lot in the last few years.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:49:03 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 6,115 Times in 2,888 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexV View Post
...IMO Honda dropped the ball by discontinuing the EB12d. A 12,000 watt diesel generator today would sell very well for those of us with a home backup application who have central A/C....
+1. By the way, 12KW won't run my house, but 24KW will do nicely. Add a parallel option, please.

I know where there is an EB12D that has been sitting outdoors partially sheltered for at least 10 years, untouched. Belongs to a govt. agency that "can't" sell it, and will almost surely sit there until it turns to scrap (if not already).