Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion > Antique Engine Photos
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Engine Photos OLD gas engines, hot air engines, Diesels and steam engines. An electronic photo gallery to showcase the best of your old engine collection.

Antique Engine Photos

Check out our new Photo Gallery

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 11568 times

Old 12-22-2004, 10:59:34 AM
Administrator

Thanked 12,227 Times in 2,110 Posts
Arrow Check out our new Photo Gallery

After thinking about it for a while, I have decided to keep this board open, primarily because the posts already here are too good to push somewhere else. Also, the new Gallery is quite different in that it is for a LOT of photos where this board is for one or two at a time and can link from members' off-site photo pages.

This board is also open to all site members. So, here we are - enjoy both!

To visit our newest Gallery, Click "Photo Gallery" on the top menu or go to: http://www.smokstak.com/gallery/
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2004, 07:30:45 PM
Subscriber

Default New Photo Gallery

Does enyone know if there is any way to show all the photos that were uploaded to the gallery, from all of the catergories. Sometimes i see the same images 2 and 3 times on the same page. The info says they were downloaded at the same time but it shows at different places in the gallery. Can anyone shed some light?
Thanks!!
Frank Y
Old 12-29-2004, 09:32:56 PM
Administrator

Thanked 12,227 Times in 2,110 Posts
Default Re: New Photo Gallery

The new Gallery will automatically downsize your image to 800X600 and create a thumbnail. You can also rotate the image from horizontal to vertical. Uploads can be up to 2MB, but they will automatically reduce to about 100K. The larger the image, the longer the upload time.

When you first visit the page, you will first see thumbnails of the most recent images that have been uploaded. Then the list of users who have created categories for their photos and then a few favorites of my own. This is followed up by a random selection of thumbnails, any one of which can be clicked on to see the enlargement.

The Gallery will ultimately grow too huge to be able to show all of the photos at one time, so you'll just have to click through group by group. The Gallery is still in its development stages and we expect another release of an update to come out shortly.

During a previous modification, I overlooked a permission flag so that users could browse the photo gallery. If you run onto something that doesn't seem quite right anywhere on on this site, please ask about it! Everyone should be able to view category photos now.

Things are continually happening on the new gallery. Just try it.

http://www.smokstak.com/gallery/

-- Harry
Old 03-28-2006, 08:14:35 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,877 Times in 512 Posts
Default Re: Check out our new Photo Gallery

Harry, I look under my stuff and all it say's is favorites. I can't seem to figure out how to start a category to show my photos.
Tom