eBay Auctions
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > eBayŠ Auction Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

eBayŠ Auction Discussion All eBay™ discussion; engines, frauds, fancies, weird stuff and more.

eBayŠ Auction Discussion

eBay deals and shifty sellers...

this thread has 10 replies and has been viewed 1738 times

Old 08-23-2016, 03:40:15 PM
Subscriber

Default eBay deals and shifty sellers...

this Saturday on eBay i got a really good deal...
Or so I thought.
I bought 2 duplex steam pumps for $250.00
I Paid immediately.
about 10 minutes later I received A message from the seller, thank you for your quick payment, will be shipped Monday, here's your tracking number.
Sunday afternoon got another text saying that the item was damaged and would not be shipped.
I contacted eBay and talked to the representative, and they said that they would look into it.
while looking around on the web, i find that on discover live steam the same pumps are listed for $1000.00. so I contacted the seller through discover live steam and told him that I had already purchased the pumps on eBay 2 days prior.
I saved the listing from dls and sent a picture of the pumps to the seller that sold me the same pumps on eBay.... No reply... Big surprise right....
so i contacted eBay and told him that he had listed the pumps on another site for 4 times what I had paid for them on a no reserve auction. and still no help from them.
the seller has since refunded my money back to my Paypal account, but it is still pending because I will not send him a request for the return for the item.
After 7 days then i can open a case for failure to ship the item...
It won't get me the item, but I will screw with his eBay account.
And I going to do everything that I can to screw with this guy...
when you sell on eBay with no Reserve auction you take what you get...
If you are selling on eBay at auction ,when some one bids and wins the item ,you have entered into a binding contract to sell the item to the bidder. And you should live up to your obligations.

You know who you are... and if you're reading this, I hope you reply ,just so everyone else will know exactly who you are....

Sorry all,,, I just had to vent...

but I still don't feel any better about it.

Does any one know if flogging is still legal???? :
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Big Bird For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2016, 04:27:02 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 2,666 Times in 1,359 Posts
Default Re: eBay deals and shifty sellers...

we will tar and feather that low life piss ant
The Following User Says Thank You to Onan Dan For This Post:
Old 08-23-2016, 07:33:53 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,367 Times in 915 Posts

Happened to me a few weeks ago, except I hadn't paid since I was going to pick up in person. Typical idiot thinks what he has is gold. I was the only bidder at $100. Now he's relisted it at $0.99 but with a reserve. No bids yet. He's a member here too. Has my generator listed in EngineAds for something like $1,000 lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vanman For This Post:
Old 08-24-2016, 12:07:55 AM
Registered-I

Hi big bird
I bought a vintage spark plug -rentz lighthouse from ebay usa .did the same as you , paid straight away , thanked for prompt payment , etc . I noticed the seller relisted the plug under rare plugsi. I thought it was odd he claimed only to have one.guess what it was the same plug being sold twice he was not happy with my winning bid . Ebay was a big help the seller offered other plugs, my money back , etc .but I stuck to my
Guns he was a dealer and I did get the plug
Regards sunshineman
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunshineman For This Post:
Old 08-24-2016, 08:08:35 AM
Subscriber

well I like Dan's idea , I just don't know where I can get a gallon of tar right away,
Me being " big bird " I got sum feathers.... Their just a little ruffled at this time...
I'm not going to give up too easy..
I'll keep after eBay and see what happens.

Sunshineman thanks for the info.. I'll stick with it and see what happens. You just never know... Maybe eBay can flex its muscles for me.
But I won't hold my breath....
If the seller had listed "only on eBay" ,and said the listing was a mistake, I'd just let it go.. But when I confronted him about it being on discover live steams website...
He bold faced lied... And said he did not have it listed on DLS.

But he did say that thru the eBay message system.. That just might turn the tides.
that listing On eBay was no accident.. And he knows it..
The Following User Says Thank You to Big Bird For This Post:
Old 08-24-2016, 01:13:17 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 7,055 Times in 3,401 Posts
Photo Re: eBay deals and shifty sellers...

Doesn't quite look like $1000.00 worth of parts not knowing if they were even machined right or not.

Even at the $250.00 it seems like a gamble not knowing how well they were made and IF they will work.

But then I don't know who the guy is or what his reputation is either, whether he's a good machinist or an amateur.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Duplex Steam pump Parts.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	261097  
The Following User Says Thank You to OTTO-Sawyer For This Post:
Old 08-24-2016, 01:29:46 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 7,055 Times in 3,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanman View Post
Happened to me a few weeks ago, except I hadn't paid since I was going to pick up in person. Typical idiot thinks what he has is gold. I was the only bidder at $100. Now he's relisted it at $0.99 but with a reserve. No bids yet. He's a member here too. Has my generator listed in EngineAds for something like $1,000 lol.
Don't know what his "Reserve" is, but it's Stupid to PAY the "Reserve" Fees when you can list an item for Free with the start price set at whatever your "reserve" or "minimum" price is.

You can list something with a Million Dollar Start Price for Free, but will pay dearly in listing fees for even a Thousand Dollar Reserve.

I either start at my Minimum Price on an auction style listing or use the Buy It Now format with a higher price or "BEST OFFER" and set the parameters on the "Best Offer" at whatever my minimum is. . . That way there is NO CHARGE unless it sells.

If it's something I don't care about and will scrap if it doesn't sell then I will start low and let it go for whatever it goes for just to get it gone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OTTO-Sawyer For This Post:
Old 08-24-2016, 02:46:55 PM
Sponsor

Thanked 5,397 Times in 3,501 Posts

I would also contact the 'new auction site and tell them what has happened. They might not like the word FRAUDULANT posting in their forums.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:49:48 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,531 Posts

Keep in mind that there are some dishonest people out there that will pinch an image from ebay and list the item on a less secure forum where they can get someone to send them a payment directly, they have no intention of completing a sale.

Beyond leaving negative feedback I do not think there is much you can do. Ebay will put a black mark against sellers name, too many black marks in a year and seller can be removed.

I list very little in auction format these days because buyers just don't bid like they used to. Add in the fact that I have to guarantee the item and I might as well put a fair BIN price and wait for the person that needs it.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:53:45 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 2,319 Times in 1,352 Posts

If you don't get item, or if NAD, doa, etc. Ebay asks you to contact seller. Not satisfied with response - I think you have to wait 24 hours from seller contact, then file with Ebay. My experience is they are buyer oriented and will get your $ back pronto.

I always use paypal to pay. They have much better warranty terms than ebay and will get $ back for some time after sale - I think 6 months.

The only problems I have had are with purchases like yours - one of items by small seller. I try to buy from sellers who have been on ebay for a while and have a 99%+ rating. They are usually very accommodating and will bend over to make you happy.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:37:14 PM
Subscriber

all eBay will do is slap his hand and tell him he should play nice with others....
I've already been refunded my money, but the point was I bought the item on a no reserve auction, and he refused to ship it, after he sent a message saying, thanks for your purchase, here's you tracking # it will ship Monday...
Then he told me that it should not have been for sale ,
yet it was for sale on two different websites.

eBay cannot force the seller to ship the items,

and I don't think I would want them now, because he probably would smash them with a hammer and then throw them in a box....

all in all, I guess its for the best.
he said that he had over a hundred hours of machine work in the pumps, and I think he figured his time was worth more than $2.50 an hour,
I guess I'll never know...
But if his work was only worth $2.50 an hour I wouldn't want it anyway...
The Following User Says Thank You to Big Bird For This Post: