eBay Auctions
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > eBayŠ Auction Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

eBayŠ Auction Discussion All eBay™ discussion; engines, frauds, fancies, weird stuff and more.

eBayŠ Auction Discussion

eBay Item Not Recieved Case

this thread has 15 replies and has been viewed 3734 times

Old 06-07-2014, 02:02:17 AM
Subscriber

Default eBay Item Not Recieved Case

I recently sold a car part on ebay and the buyer says he didn't receive it. I used USPS Parcel Select to ship it and the tracking number says it was delivered. I sent eBay all of the tracking information and everything else they asked for. Of course ebay sided with him and I am now screwed out of $32.50.

What do I do now? Is there a way to get my $32.50 from the post office? I did not have insurance on the shipping, but would that have even mattered because they say it was delivered? How can I avoid this situation in the future? I also can't retract the positive feedback I left (I'm sure this can never happen anyway). But it does not seem fair if in ebay's mind the transaction really never happened, why would he get to keep the feedback?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2014, 07:17:15 AM
Subscriber

Default Re: eBay Item Not Recieved Case

Signature and insurance. But don't get me started on the usps and insurance. You file claim, they deny claim. So you are really just wasting your money there. I sell a lot on eBay and would say if you want to be a seller there, 98% of your transactions go off without a hitch. People in general are good people, until you find the 2%

James
The Following User Says Thank You to jaw123 For This Post:
Old 06-07-2014, 10:02:03 AM
Registered-III

Even the UPS post man delivers packages here at the house and I look and they are for some one near by. So it can happen.
I buy lots from Ebay. Out of a few hundred deliveries, only one got lost by UPS and it apparently got on the truck and never got off? Never showed as delivered but said out for delivery, at least they were honest. I had a UPS manager call me. He wanted to verify I had never received the HP Laser expensive toner cartridge.
I wonder if the truck driver delivered to wrong place, broke smashed it or it fell off truck.

There was another seller out of Miami selling Jeep AC evaporators. I buy one, it comes all bent like it fell from a great height. He claims insurance, sends another one. That is also bent like the other one, I mean like smashed crooked, the entire thing. He wants to know if I want another, says he will claim insurance. He has maybe a hundred to sell. I think they are all damaged and he sells them through ebay and claims shippers damaged them and gets full credit. I look more closely and, they are for steering wheel on the right not the left! So I say NO, dont send me any more! I get refunded from Him and he claims shipping insurance. I think he was scamming the system. UPS was the shipper.
The Following User Says Thank You to sdowney717 For This Post:
Old 06-07-2014, 01:12:25 PM
Subscriber

Yes I agree most people are honest, and this is the first problem I've had in about 75 sales. I have had the non paying bidders, but never something like this where I got stiffed out of cash.

The part being gone doesn't really bother me because I was just stripping down a car that would have gone to the junkyard anyway. But I am out $10 from my pocket for the postage.

So the post office must be at fault here and they are not responsible at all. If somebody uses my credit card, the credit card company has insurance for that. eBay also has insurance like this. Seems to me that all you have to do is say you didn't get an item and you get it for free and the seller is screwed.

So myself and the buyer both get reimbursed.

Last edited by Ryan Anderson; 06-07-2014 at 01:36:09 PM. Reason: I just got off the phone with ebay customer support. They DO have that insurance policy like the credit card companies.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:36:37 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,102 Times in 1,530 Posts

I shipped a package from San Marcos to Houston a couple months ago via USPS Priority mail, 2 weeks later customer wants to know where it is, I check tracking# and it shows it arrived at Houston sorting facility the day after I shipped it, but nothing more. After numerous phone calls to USPS I started the claims process and shipped customer another dozen valves. A month after I shipped first box customer calls me and says the first box finally arrived, customer was nice enough to return that box.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:03:06 PM
One Millionth Post

Thanked 4,545 Times in 2,410 Posts

We had same issues with Fed X One time we ordered a expensive equestrian saddle from a large Equestrian house in Chicago, The fed x driver dumped it over the fence where we had 2 young dogs to keep them out of mischief. When we got home from work, there were bits of package and saddle everywhere! Called shipper and they took care of the problem, the driver returned to pick up the remains and stated he didn't think the dogs would bother it. Another time a feed supplement was delivered toa house 1 mile away. We never got it so we called and naturally they pulled up tracking and it showed that they placed it by the garage. After a bit of hell raising with them they just blew us off and we had to reorder, the shipper said they would stand the loss. @ months later the driver brings back the first one, seems they had a been called to retrieve it by the neighbor who was had it. Why he didn't simply call us to come get it can't figure, they recently moved from the big city. The other neighbors would simply have called us. We did call the supplier and they said not to worry as they had wrote it off. F.J.W.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:17:49 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,350 Posts

2 years ago, we found a package from UPS on our front porch to a name and address I never heard of. I googled it, and came up empty. I called UPS to pick it up, and they had no record of it, would not come for it. After repeated calls, they told me to dispose of it!!!

Now, this was a big box full of something someone wants, you don't just "dispose of it".

I called the shipper - from California - at my expense, and told them about it. They contacted the buyer, called me back, and said he would be picking box up, which he did.
The Following User Says Thank You to Power For This Post:
Old 06-07-2014, 08:08:00 PM
One Millionth Post

Thanked 4,545 Times in 2,410 Posts

I think that pretty much explained the biggest percentage of lost packages, the ones that goofed up don't want to catch grief from their bosses if no one can track where it ended up. So naturely it never existed. F.J.W.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:32:15 PM
Subscriber

Sounds like it got stolen off the front doorstep. USPS shows it as delivered, so they will not cover the loss. I would contact ebay again and require an explanation as to why they found in favor of the buyer. Ebay has gone way downhill when it comes to seller relations. Sellers pay all the fees (which are completely outrageous) but have no rights. We even pay Ebay a huge percentage of our shipping costs. Exactly why I went from selling 5,000+ items a year on Ebay to ZERO. Done supporting their greed, and getting no support.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:47:37 PM
Registered-III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toesmack View Post
Exactly why I went from selling 5,000+ items a year on Ebay to ZERO. Done supporting their greed, and getting no support.
So, where do you sell your stuff now?
Old 06-08-2014, 01:04:53 AM
Subscriber

Auto swap meets, tractor shows and other such venues. I have also dropped a large part of the product line.
The Following User Says Thank You to Toesmack For This Post:
Old 06-08-2014, 09:25:53 AM
Registered-III

I am an ooccasional e-By seller, and as such, do not qualify for discounts.
I thought the advantage of using e-By shipping is they can track shipment and proof of delivery, thus obviating not shipped or not delivered claims.

Using their postage gives them tracking and shows them the item was actually shipped and when it was delivered.

If they are not going to honor that, then I see no advantage in using their shipping. There are less expensive options.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:02:44 AM
Subscriber

Hi, I feel for your situation, nobody actually wins in these deals but as you have found the seller is responsible for the item until it is in the hands of the buyer. Insurance is to cover the shipper NOT the buyer which is opposite of common belief,, until one gets into one of these deals. SO next time your on the other end of a deal and the seller says pay extra for insurance to cover YOU, you decline it.
The Following User Says Thank You to DieselAddicted For This Post:
Old 06-12-2014, 01:01:54 PM
Subscriber

My problem just started today (Thursday). I bought something on ebay for $475.00 plus shipping. I received it this morning FedEx) and when unpacked the glass parts are smashed beyond repair (bad packing Job People don't understand inertia) making it worthless. I took pictures and sent them to the seller. That is all I can do for the first step. Ron
Old 06-13-2014, 06:28:28 AM
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald E. McClellan View Post
My problem just started today (Thursday). I bought something on ebay for $475.00 plus shipping. I received it this morning FedEx) and when unpacked the glass parts are smashed beyond repair (bad packing Job People don't understand inertia) making it worthless. I took pictures and sent them to the seller. That is all I can do for the first step. Ron
Been there done that several times now. Sellers who have never had this happen to them previously will assume that it is your problem to deal with but will soon get an education if you file claim with Ebay so start a claim with Ebay now! Go to your ebay page under purchases and look to the right side and you will find a drop down list and one of the choices is "there is a problem with the item, or similar and follow the instructions. You only have a certain time frame to get that done and if you miss it then you ARE screwed.
If you have never been through the process before you will find that Ebay and Paypal are very partial to buyers as it pertains to such. Ebay will rule that the seller is responsible to get the item to you in one piece and will remove your payment from his account and refund it. He will then have to fight the shipping company to get paid for the item.

As I told the OP here it is the sellers responsibility to get the items to you in one piece. If there is no insurance or the shpper denies the claim it is the seller who is out, not the buyer.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:05:04 PM
Registered-III

Open a case resolution case evial bay akways sides with buyers