Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Off Roading & Travel
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Off Roading & Travel Jeeps, back country 4X4, mountains, power plants, ghost towns and underground mining.

Off Roading & Travel

Silverton to Ouray, Colorado + Imogene & Black Bear

this thread has 24 replies and has been viewed 2843 times

Old 09-28-2018, 12:06:01 PM
Registered-II

Default Re: Silverton to Ouray, Colorado + Imogene & Black Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry View Post
After 50 years of Western travel and vacation camping with everything from a Hemi Charger and little Scotty trailer, a Jeep CJ5 and a crank-up Tent Camper, a truck camper, two Class-C motorhomes and three Class-A motorhomes, we have retired from this mode of camping travel.

We can say that we did it, but I want you to know that if you ever get out of your hometown or backyard at all, put Southwest Colorado on your bucket list! All of Colorado is wonderful, but our visits to Southwest Colorado will be top in our memories.

We enjoyed rock collecting and rock shops, photography, hiking, antique shopping and engine shows. Over the years, people have changed and businesses have come and gone, but it seemed that there was always something to keep us entertained and occupied. Now our memories are enhanced by our many slides, photos and movies, some of which are on 8mm and need to be transferred to new technology.
We just got back from Colorado the weekend before last. Brother and I took Mom out to see the sights. She isn't able to do the rougher stuff anymore, so we stuck to the easier passes. Besides, the Ford Explorer we rented definitely wasn't up to the task. The aspens turned several weeks early this year making for some incredible landscapes.

Kirk
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2018, 06:58:52 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 7,809 Times in 2,959 Posts

Harry:

In the last few years, we haven't been able to go out west due to “stuff” happening.

We do hope to take a few more trips out to the mountains but, again, not this year. I'm due for an aortic valve replacement in the middle of October.

Maybe next year.

We hope.

Take care - Elden
http://www.eldensengines.com
Old 09-28-2018, 07:25:21 PM
Administrator

Thanked 12,092 Times in 2,084 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elden DuRand View Post
I'm due for an aortic valve replacement in the middle of October.
Wow! Watch out for that anesthesiologist. My brother went through that a few years back.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:19:33 PM
Subscriber

Eldon, if you do make it out here next year, let us know you are coming and we'll make sure we have a room or two ready for you. I want to get to Durango for the train ride next summer, would be neat to do it together.
PT
Old 09-29-2018, 06:24:01 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 7,809 Times in 2,959 Posts

Harry:

I will watch out for the anesthesiologist but am more concerned about the grim looking guy in the blood spattered butcher's apron who's revving the chainsaw.

So far, the worst part of this whole thing is the waiting. I just want to get this done so I can either get on with the rehab or get underground. (I hope for the former).

Take care - Elden
http://www.eldensengines.com