Antique Tractors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Antique Steel Wheel Tractors - Old Iron Lugs and Cleats
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Steel Wheel Tractors - Old Iron Lugs and Cleats Photos and information about antique steel wheeled farm tractors. This is where to find the heaviest of Old Iron tractors.

Antique Steel Wheel Tractors - Old Iron Lugs and Cleats

Fordson Model F questions

this thread has 24 replies and has been viewed 1160 times

Old 10-16-2019, 06:33:36 PM
One Millionth Post

Thanked 6,182 Times in 3,152 Posts
Default Re: Fordson Model F questions

A crabby neighbor here had an old Super M in his barn yard for years just sitting, was a decent tractor when parked for a bad rear tire. Any time when asked about it he would run them off. One day last fall I saw that they were cleaning up the yard and I caught him in the yard so I asked again about it. He got all grouchy and walked away but did say to come back later. A few weeks later and still not being able to get in touch, I saw it was gone. asked another neighbor and found out they rented a skid loader and shoved it into a roll off scrap container! So much for being a helpful neighbor.
The Following User Says Thank You to FWurth For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2019, 10:24:23 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,969 Times in 957 Posts

There was a very early 9n across the road from my house as a kid. The old dingbat wouldn’t sell it and would put the run to anyone who asked. Finally my father saw her son cleaning the yard and asked about it. He said it was for sale but wanted crazy $$$. My dad asked about buying parts... he got all the “old” parts, dash and steering box, bald axles, dog legs, trans cover with no dip stick... all the good stuff for $100 but buddy wouldn’t budge on selling complete
The Following User Says Thank You to AngrySailor For This Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 10:12:53 AM
One Millionth Post

Thanked 6,182 Times in 3,152 Posts

I think the grouchy buggers are afraid some one might get a nickle's worth of good from something they don't use anymore.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FWurth For This Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 11:20:34 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,091 Times in 1,001 Posts

Those guys that wont sell something until it rots to the ground are everywhere, seems like. And the value never drops until it hits the Scrapyard scale, unfortunately, while the condition turns poorer with every passing day. After you have collected up outside stored equipment for decades you can sure see what time does to equipment stored in the big shed.
Folks should know that selling these items and using the funds before they pass on is the best way to go, you never know when that day will come and if its that important to own its equally important to save, in their shed or somebody else's.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Russ Hamm For This Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 06:58:57 PM
Registered

We have a person like that in our city.Matter of fact,he was featured on American Pickers last year.If I mentioned his name,some of the steam folks might recognize it.The woods near his home are full of old trucks,steam traction engines,tractors,parts,etc.He won't sell any of it.The boilers are decaying as each year passes.Pretty soon,most of it will be worthless.It's sad to see.
The Following User Says Thank You to OldThresherM For This Post: