Generators and Electric Motors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion Antique Generators and Old Electric Motors: Questions and answers about restoring and showing old power generation systems.

Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion

Stuart and Stevenson Generator Help?

this thread has 15 replies and has been viewed 1943 times

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2018, 04:04:39 PM
Registered

Default Stuart and Stevenson Generator Help?

Guy called and has a Stuart and Stevenson Gen, model 6GD-100, 3 phase 100 kw 320 amp, 1800 rpm.
I have not seen the unit and I suspect these are the gen head model numbers and maybe not the complete rig model number.

Says bought the rig and it will only generate 180v and can run rpm and fre up and down from 58-63hz and the voltage adjustments don't change the voltage and voltage remains at 180 volts constant.

Anyone got any idea where I can find some service or owners manuals for the unit?

Or anyone care to take a guess at the electrical issue or know anything about these rigs?

I see they are still in business out of Houston, Tx, tried a phone call and had to leave a voice mail with the power generator guy and he has not returned my call.