Oil Field Engines
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Oil Field Engines & Related Equipment
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Oil Field Engines & Related Equipment OFES members otherwise known as "Oafs". If you like "BIG OLD GREASY RUSTY OIL FIELD ENGINES, you're in the right place. Founded by Russell Farmer.

Oil Field Engines & Related Equipment

Oilfield engine value

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 4037 times

Old 04-01-2008, 07:57:50 PM
Registered

Default Oilfield engine value

Hello all,

I am new to the actual collecting of old engines. I have been going to shows for years and admiring engines of all sizes. I have started restoring a Nelson Brothers engine and of course started looking for other projects.

I am lucky, I originally hail from S. Illinois and now live in S. Indiana where many oil wells are still running with the old gas engines. I drove by a oil supply place and they have 3 medium sized engines setting out by the highway. I assume they are for sale. It was the weekend and dark outside so I don't what brand or size they are. If I can determine the size, brand, approximate condition and post some pictures could someone give me an idea of their value?

I do believe they are newer, they have the small fan cooled radiators on them. I believe they were close to being complete units other than the fuel mixer. The flywheels were about 3 1/2' diameter

Brad
Old 04-03-2008, 05:28:39 PM
Sponsor

Smile Re: oilfield engine value

They are probley of the Fairbanks Morse ZC brand. They have went up in price in the past few years. Depending on condition would set the price.
Tom
Old 04-11-2008, 09:48:05 PM
Registered

Default Re: oilfield engine value

The next time I go home I plan on stopping by and see if I can find the name plate and a little more information.

Brad