Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron Live auctions and estate sales of engines, tractors, and old iron machinery. Upcoming auctions and auction results.

Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron

auction

this thread has 7 replies and has been viewed 3656 times

Old 03-05-2005, 03:22:31 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,410 Times in 1,553 Posts
Default auction

i guess everyone has their show directory. what is the opinion of you guys on cunberland valley antique engine and machinery association's spring auction being held on FRIDAY, instead of saturday?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2005, 09:11:59 AM
Registered

Thumbs down Re: auction

That means I won't be going to the show this time.I liked their auction and enjoyed the show.But I'm not taking a day off from work to go
Old 03-06-2005, 11:48:37 AM
enginenut

Smile Re: auction

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBurk
i guess everyone has their show directory. what is the opinion of you guys on cunberland valley antique engine and machinery association's spring auction being held on FRIDAY, instead of saturday?
hmhmhmhmhmh cumberland valley,,, cumberland valley,, cant find it,, hmhmhmhmhmh, what page is it on,,,, hmhmhmh still cant find it... is that cumberland farms in newjersey... owelll,,, fridays are bad days for me,,, id go if there was something that i want,,, but im not looking for anything,,,,i it was a saturday,, and it was close to home, good chance id go.... be nice if bielers auction was on a saturday owell cant please everyone,,, hmhmhmhhm cumberland valley, still cant find it,,
Old 03-06-2005, 01:26:34 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: auction

Show isAPR 22-24 CHAMBERSBURG,PA AT TWIN BRIDGES CAMP GROUND. PAGE 150 NEW DIRECTORY. DICK IN CENTRAL PA.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:23:17 AM
Registered

From what I was told at Beiler's auction, the Chambersburg guy's told me that they don't want to have the auction sat, because they don't have the help and they want show and display like everybody else , they tell me they do the auction as a service and not as a money maker, for me being a auctioneer donating time I have to think about taking time off my full time job to be there on friday, I hope it work"s out!
Old 03-07-2005, 11:43:04 AM
Subscriber

I suspect that sellers may be disappointed in what they get for their items and may not consider the auction again. A lot of people, myself included, won't be taking a day off of work just to go up for their auction when we would normally be coming up to display on Saturday and would have gone over to the auction.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:04:31 PM
Subscriber

I was standing next to John at Beiler’s when the comments were made about the reason for moving the sale to Friday. I can’t say it any better then John. I am Chairman of the show we have in Smithsburg, MD the end of September; most shows have auctions or tractor pulls to help off set the cost of operating the show expense or to help draw people. We just don’t have the room to begin with and we have a very well attended show about 25,000 to 30,000 a day! Mr. Burkholder has been coming to out show for years and so has John, they say it is because of the time of year it is and all the things we do, BUT I know it is because they likes to look and our High school athletes Moms. You see all of our money we raise goes to the sport programs of Smithsburg High School and we get our Kitchen help from the kids and their parents. For the last 6 – 8 years we have averaged around $20,000 to $25,000 per year that we give the Booster Club to help with the sports. I would like to see more Gas engine people come to our show. Like all shows we go through changes some good and some not so well. Chambersburg may find that Friday won’t work for them and try something else. We will all have to wait and see. It does look like I will be off that Friday of their show.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:49:47 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,410 Times in 1,553 Posts

mr rohrer does have a fine show. one of my favorites. his explanation as to why we like it so well "DOES" have merit. as for the cumberland valley auction, i guess we will miss it this year, also. maybe they will put it back on saturday next year.