Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron Live auctions and estate sales of engines, tractors, and old iron machinery. Upcoming auctions and auction results.

Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron

Went To A Consignment Auction Saturday And......

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 3183 times

Old 04-24-2005, 08:42:46 PM

Default Went To A Consignment Auction Saturday And......

Went to the Annual Pocono Old Tyme Consignment Auction
Saturday. The attendence was very good dispite the rain. Guess everyone had the same thought, "Maybe there won't be many people there which will make for some good deals."
Well, there were some deals and some stuff brought decent money. On occassions you will find and engine or 2 at this auction. This year there were about 10 engines, 2 or which followed me home. There were about 5 McDeering LA's, all of which I believe were complete, except for the one I bought which was missing the valve cover and belt pulley, all in decent shape, and prices were $90-$135. I believe most had the hopper cover. There was a little Maynard, not sure of the hp that was missing the mag and couple smaller parts that went for about $225. A McDeering 3hp M, complete, nice shape, low on compression, I believe brought under $300, but not totally sure. A Fairbanks Morse with dishpan flywheels that was missing everything except flywheels and crank. Not sure what it brought, but it wasn't much. Then way out in left field, literally, was a little Stover K 1 1/2hp, missing the mag, mag braket, and gov. assembly that brought $325, the most expensive engine little engine there. And the other engine that followed me home was a Jaeger 2 1/2hp S missing the mag, gas tank and low on compression. Also a few other small items found their way to the back of my truck. I think I may have found some of that stuff Paul has been stepping in

All in all, it was a good day in Pa. for this NJ guy.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2005, 11:17:37 AM
Registered

Default Re: Went To A Consignment Auction Saturday And......

Looks to me like you did well--nice additions to any collection,
d,j.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:38:30 PM
Subscriber

Thanks for posting some prices Bill. I wanted to make it out this year but some other things came up. I have gone out the last 2 years and had plans to make it this year up until December when my Father-in-law found out he has cancer. We usually go together and make a day of it. Well we were going to make it out Friday for a look see but then the weather wasnt too nice and we decided that it would be in his best interest to not go. Besides I couldnt get off of work and if I just went for a look see, GUARANTEED I would have seen something that I couldnt live without, and wouldve been kicking myself Saturday when I couldnt make it. So I decided not to go myself either. But it looks and sounds like there were some nice engines that went for reasonable prices. Looks like the Jaeger was close to running. Looks Good!! Take it easy, and thanks.
Frank Y
Old 04-25-2005, 08:03:07 PM
Subscriber

id be interested to know who is takeing all the mags and gov's off these engs before the auction. dick-ct