Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron Live auctions and estate sales of engines, tractors, and old iron machinery. Upcoming auctions and auction results.

Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron

Beiler's auction

this thread has 8 replies and has been viewed 3812 times

Old 02-13-2005, 08:47:23 AM
Subscriber

Talking Beiler's auction

Are folks out there getting ready to play the weather roulette game at Beiler's for another year? We've had snow, we've had ice, we've had a sea of mud, and we've had dust blowing in the wind.

What will it be this year? Hope to see some of you out there checking out the weather (oh, and the engines, too).
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2005, 04:19:12 PM
Registered

Default Re: Beiler's auction

I'm going to try to make it this year. Even if I don't get anything I alway learn something. I haven't been there in a few years. When I was paying my bill last time, the clerk told me to "Come play in the mud next year".

Frank
Old 02-14-2005, 08:13:04 PM
Registered

The local groundhog "Groffdale Grover", did not see his shadow, because the hole to his den is in the shadow of a threshing machine , Therefore, his weather prediction is thus: periods of freezing sunshine followed by tepid icy conditions, causing uphill mudflows. Temps in the mid teens to upper 60s, with some periods of 10 below zero and wind gusts in the minus 20 to plus 90 mph range, causing white and brown outs thruout the sale days . I'll be there with mukluks, a flowered Hawaiian shirt, ear muffs, and an inside out umbrella.
HAPPY HUNTING
Old 02-15-2005, 09:21:26 AM
Subscriber

When is Beilers auction this year ? Do they have a web site
Old 02-15-2005, 11:02:03 AM
Subscriber

Beiler's auction is Feb 24 and 25. No web site.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:49:41 PM
Registered

You can go to : Lancaster County Pennsylvania Dutch Country Official Visitors Center ::Mud Sales
Old 02-15-2005, 08:50:12 PM
Subscriber

One good thing about it it was hard in the morning and soft at night THE MUD Hope to be there
Old 02-17-2005, 09:52:06 PM
Larry Hess

i was just at Beiler's this morning., and as usual, the mud was everywhere. A lot of junk was arriving; but there were some good items also. I noticed in one of the sheds two New Holland engines, and two re-stored 1.5 hp John Deere hit and miss engines that will be among the nearly 100 engines expected by sale day on Friday, February 25th. I talked to John Beiler, and he indicated a number of engines will be arrving next week.

I was thinking of going there again next week, and take some pictures of each row of items, and posting on this site. The sale always attracks thousands of people.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:09:56 PM
Registered

I've been to all but one auction in the last 18 years and can guarantee that the weather was different each time... no exaggeration. The first year I asked the lady at the sign-in desk if they accepted out of state personal checks. She told me it was ok if Elias Bieler said so. I asked how do I find Mr. Bieler... what does he look like? She said he was the Amishman in the black hat!!!!! I finally found him and asked if he would take my check. He looked at me and said "Is it any good?" I told him it was and he said "ok then you look honest". And that was the extent of my credit check. And that's why I kept going back every year.