Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron Live auctions and estate sales of engines, tractors, and old iron machinery. Upcoming auctions and auction results.

Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron

Heidrick AG AUCTION

this thread has 11 replies and has been viewed 3157 times

Old 09-19-2005, 08:26:08 PM
Registered

Thanked 1,142 Times in 762 Posts
Default Heidrick AG AUCTION

Who all went to the auction? I know there was people from abroad like Australia and further on. I would have gone but other plans came up and put that out of the picture oh well. At least I can get to the october swapmeet here in woodland. What was bought . Any body know how much that fowler? steam engine/tractor went for? final price/bid
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2005, 08:36:12 PM
Registered

Default Re: Heidrick AG AUCTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Cardoza
Who all went to the auction? I know there was people from abroad like Australia and further on. I would have gone but other plans came up and put that out of the picture oh well. At least I can get to the october swapmeet here in woodland. What was bought . Any body know how much that fowler? steam engine/tractor went for? final price/bid
It went for around 72,500
Old 09-20-2005, 09:35:10 PM
Registered

I was there for both days. Some of the plows and even one pull grader went of $10.00 to $50.00 to scrap dealer but most prices were reasonable. The Fowler went for over $80,000 and the matching plow for $ 21,000. A couple from British Coumblia got them so they will stay on the west coast. Four British and two Austrialian collectors were bidding, but the transportation cost shot them down. The Euclid TC12 (still running) went for less that $10,000 which suprised me. Fred Heidrick was generally pleased, especilly with the prices on the second day. I gave out over 100 brochures for HCEA and signed up some new and old members. I was suprised how many flew in from the midwest and east coast who "were not bidding, just flew in to socalize."
Old 09-21-2005, 02:07:52 AM
Registered

Over 80k thats a lot of money! well it goes for a good cause I'm surprised one person that was down from Idaho hasnt posted a response to this. I would like to know what "hitnmiss" engine he bought.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:00:58 AM
In Memory Of

Thanked 2,149 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary T
I was there for both days. Some of the plows and even one pull grader went of $10.00 to $50.00 to scrap dealer but most prices were reasonable. The Fowler went for over $80,000 and the matching plow for $ 21,000. A couple from British Coumblia got them so they will stay on the west coast. Four British and two Austrialian collectors were bidding, but the transportation cost shot them down. The Euclid TC12 (still running) went for less that $10,000 which suprised me. Fred Heidrick was generally pleased, especilly with the prices on the second day. I gave out over 100 brochures for HCEA and signed up some new and old members. I was suprised how many flew in from the midwest and east coast who "were not bidding, just flew in to socalize."
Thats a nice little museum, we went there a couple of years ago when visiting our friends in Cupertino.

Has the museum downsized or just clearing out non-display stuff??

Peter
Old 09-21-2005, 07:25:46 AM
Dan Dyman

With all due respect to Gary T,, the fowler went for 72,500K There was NO buyers premium that I was aware of, I also understand it went to a UK bidder , also I believe the anti balance plough had no bids, although I do find that to be somewhat unbelieveable,,, as for the No buyers premium I bid on the engine by phone and that was the deal I worked out for myself, I don't know if everyone got that though,,, as for transport costs the way the brit pound is trading on the exchange these days i dont thing it is an issue
Old 09-21-2005, 08:38:12 PM
Registered

Lister.
The items auctioned off were from the private collection of MR.Fred Heidrick. All proceeds went to help keep the museum up and running since funding is getting cut through out the state for lots of things.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:02:56 PM
Registered

Thanked 1,792 Times in 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Dyman
With all due respect to Gary T,, the fowler went for 72,500K There was NO buyers premium that I was aware of, I also understand it went to a UK bidder , also I believe the anti balance plough had no bids, although I do find that to be somewhat unbelieveable,,, as for the No buyers premium I bid on the engine by phone and that was the deal I worked out for myself, I don't know if everyone got that though,,, as for transport costs the way the brit pound is trading on the exchange these days i dont thing it is an issue

Here is Buyers Premium information:

Copied from the auctioneer's web site from a different auction (but like most of the ones that they have...I have been to 25+ of their sales):
"Terms of the Auction: Cash, check or Visa/MasterCard. (Absentee Bidders must use a Visa or MasterCard ONLY!) All non-cash transactions subject to 5% buyer's premium. There is a 10% buyers premium for online bidders. "

As I have seen it at their auctions:
live bidder paying cash/check = NO BUYERS PREMIUM
live bidder paying credit card = 5% premium
online bidding = 10% premium
absentee/phone bidding also has a premium depending on the sale
I have seen different terms their sales on the premium policy.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:33:42 AM
Registered

I stand corrected, the Fowler did go for $ 72,500, but Fred told me the plow went for over $ 21,000. The couple that bought both the Fowler and the plow signed up for membership in the HCEA and the address they gave is in British Columbia. She told me that they also got the other steam tractor, but I'm not sure what they paid.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:20:13 AM
In Memory Of

Thanked 2,149 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Cardoza
Lister.
The items auctioned off were from the private collection of MR.Fred Heidrick. All proceeds went to help keep the museum up and running since funding is getting cut through out the state for lots of things.
Thanks, Ray, glad to hear the museum will continue in operation.

Peter
Old 09-23-2005, 01:43:13 AM
Subscriber

Fred had 3 or 4 pull typr steam engine plows. did they sell? A lot of the stuff listed on the auction sight is listed as "no bid"

He had a lot of small stuff like mags an carbs. How do they auction that stuff off.

-DA-
Old 09-23-2005, 11:42:58 PM
Registered

The only steam engine I knew of was the fowler. I dont know how they auctioned of the small stuff. The mags and carbs probably brought good money since they are getting harder to find. I'm surprised the one collector from BUHL IDAHO hasnt posted a response with what he bought for 25 dollars.

Lister. I do hope the museum will last another 100+ years with private/state fundings. I have been there once on a personal tour with my grandpa. I hope they keep the museum around for the next generation so they can see how these engines functioned when they were in the prime.