Oil Field Engines
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Oil Field Engines & Related Equipment
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Oil Field Engines & Related Equipment OFES members otherwise known as "Oafs". If you like "BIG OLD GREASY RUSTY OIL FIELD ENGINES, you're in the right place. Founded by Russell Farmer.

Oil Field Engines & Related Equipment

Farrar & Trefts engine at Coolspring

this thread has 0 replies and has been viewed 980 times

Old 07-26-2016, 05:47:22 PM
Subscriber

Default Farrar & Trefts engine at Coolspring

Greetings, I was happy to see the Farrar & Trefts steam engine running on compressed air at Coolspring in the Windy City Exhibit, at the June show. Along with the working walking beam, and future wellhead/polish rod that is planned, it will make a very neat addition. The reason I am mentioning this engine is, a picture of it can be found in an older book called Allegheny Oil. The picture shows it with a wood walking beam, and mentions about how it was converted to run off of compressed air. It was great to experience it working in person, after seeing it in an old photo. Coolspring Power Museum never disappoints me with how there are always new things to check out everytime you go there. It was a great show as always. Just a couple of thoughts I wanted to pass along. Best regards, Sam
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SamC For This Post:
Sponsored Links