Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Greetings from Bozeman, Montana

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 1174 times

Old 04-09-2012, 09:39:26 AM
Registered

Default Greetings from Bozeman, Montana

I was looking for info reguarding old machinery and ran across Smokstack. I am trying to figure out what I should be asking for a bunch of old iron on our place as I begin the liquidating process. I know asking on this site may be akin to a pack of wolves in the midst of a sheep band trying to determine who will pay for dinner.

A few of the items include a very stuck 1918 Titan 10-20, 1930 JD D, 1936 or 37 Cletrak E, 1940 Oliver 80 Std (runs), 1948 Oliver 99 Std (probably runs).

There are a number of small Cats (three 22's, R2, D2, and three D4's) but still use a couple of these and will keep them for the time being-same goes for the Farmall's (A, H, and M) and several Farmall parts machines.

Then there are a few gems like this:

The mixer was my great uncle's and we actually used it several years back for pouring the chimney for our current residence and someplace I have a slide of it flying through the air on the end of a crane cable when we set it back on the ground.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2012, 10:10:31 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 6,178 Times in 2,456 Posts
Default Re: Greetings

Duffer:

"Pack of wolves", eh?

We're not quite that mercenary (not ALL of us!) but you never know.

Welcome to the Stak and good luck moving that stuff out of there. I'm sure some of us will be interested.

You might try placing individual ads in the free classified ad section here. Photos are good as well as a good description of condition.

Take care - Elden
http://www.eldensengines.com
Old 04-09-2012, 11:36:08 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,496 Times in 934 Posts
Default Re: Greetings

welcome to the stak.John
Old 04-09-2012, 06:47:55 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,597 Times in 912 Posts
Default Re: Greetings from Bozeman, Montana

Welcome to the stak. It sounds like fun going through the old family Iron. It sounds like you have a story to go with most of the peices. I am glad that you ar trying to get into the hands of people who will save it for future generations. Thanks Bill K