Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

New guy from Connecticut..

this thread has 7 replies and has been viewed 1453 times

Old 05-26-2012, 03:57:24 PM
Subscriber

Talking New guy from Connecticut..

Hey guys! I'm Bill. I live in Seymour. I'm just a working guy who loves all things mechanical,,, The smoke, the grease, the smell. You get the picture.. My life is basically a live episode of family guy, who plays with old cars.. I've got a 49 Chevy coupe & a 51 ford tudor with a 302 in it.

I like old tractors & hit & miss engines. I've never owned either but I'd really like to own a hit & miss engine. I've always thought their sound was very soothing,, almost thereputic if you will,, since I first heard them at the county fairs as a child. So I'd like to thank you all for having me here & I'm looking forward to learning some things & possibly sharing my knowledge gained working on old flathead Contenentals in the shop.

I'd like to hear from guys in my area as I'm not in the local antique engine loop, even if there is such a thing, but like every other hobby i'm sure there is. Ya know to make contacts & see what is going on.

I look forward to hearing from you & thanks againg for having me.

Billy
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2012, 04:29:44 PM
Registered-I

Default Re: New guy from Connecticut..

Welcome Aboard Billy!

You came to the right place w/ your interest. Now just got to find an old engine to play with...which won't be hard to do.

Good Luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to swebre For This Post:
Old 05-27-2012, 07:11:55 AM
Registered-III

theres a couple good shows around there.
good luck.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:48:37 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,597 Times in 912 Posts

Welcome to the stak. And have fun. Check the calendar of events for things in your area. And keeping asking about events in your area. Find a club in your area and join. you should be able to find out about more events in your area that way. Bill K
The Following User Says Thank You to oldproff For This Post:
Old 06-18-2012, 06:07:00 PM

Thanked 3,217 Times in 774 Posts

Welcome aboard, Billy!

Here is a great list of shows in the NewEngland area, some nearly in your back yard.

http://www.bellshome.com/shows.htm

Gil
Old 12-26-2012, 10:28:40 AM
Registered-I

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebox72 View Post
Hey guys! I'm Bill. I live in Seymour. I'm just a working guy who loves all things mechanical,,, The smoke, the grease, the smell. You get the picture.. My life is basically a live episode of family guy, who plays with old cars.. I've got a 49 Chevy coupe & a 51 ford tudor with a 302 in it.

I like old tractors & hit & miss engines. I've never owned either but I'd really like to own a hit & miss engine. I've always thought their sound was very soothing,, almost thereputic if you will,, since I first heard them at the county fairs as a child. So I'd like to thank you all for having me here & I'm looking forward to learning some things & possibly sharing my knowledge gained working on old flathead Contenentals in the shop.

I'd like to hear from guys in my area as I'm not in the local antique engine loop, even if there is such a thing, but like every other hobby i'm sure there is. Ya know to make contacts & see what is going on.

I look forward to hearing from you & thanks againg for having me.

Billy
Hi Bill. Im Rob from Bethany. I just joined. We need to meet sometime for coffee at DD in seymour. I have a onan gen and old ariens snowblower and a old wheel horse tractor. My close friend in town is a huge hit and miss engine collector. I used to have the orange 69 charger rt in town. I sold it and bought a 2002 trans am convertible. Text or call and ill meet you at seabridge plaza for coffee one early Saturday or sunday.

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Oh yeah. 203 558 7431. Ha.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rpmalerba For This Post:
Old 12-26-2012, 09:06:33 PM
Subscriber

Hi Rob and Billy. Im John from New Haven but my collection is closer to you both in Hamden. Im mainly into F series Briggs or pre 1935 motorized mowers with heavy emphasis on Lockes as of late. Rob you may know me as you lived next door to me on Concord St back in the day. Welcome to the forum guys.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Motormowers For This Post:
Old 12-29-2012, 08:25:53 PM
Subscriber

Hi Rob, Bill, and John
I am also Bill and grew up in Seymour. I currently live in Naugatuck but am in the process of moving back to Seymour as this is where my business is located. I have about 20 or 25 engines. Welcome to the site, you'll love it. If you haven't been up to Kent for the engine show and museum, I recommend going. Just google CAMA (Connecticut Antique Machinery Assoc.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeymourIron For This Post: