Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Hello from Michigan

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 864 times

Old 06-09-2012, 04:01:13 PM
Registered

Default Hello from Michigan

Hello to all!

What a great site, I could get lost in here for days, there is so much more that I did not know I was interested in until I started to just surf around forum.

More importantly, from my reading, the people on the forum seem to be top notch in helping each other and answering questions, even the noob one's that get asked often with out the negative attitude that is sometimes found on the internet.

Just a little about me, just a life long tinker and backyard mechanic, in my 60's now, I have been taking all kinds of things apart all my life and now as I have gotten a little older I sometimes get them put back together, now and then they even work lol!

Currently (no pun intended) playing with older gasoline generators, I have two Onan gen's a 1970 2.5 lk-1r 6000, and a 205 AJ-1pl age unknown at this time.

I also have an 1967 Kohler 6.5C61 w/L600 engine to play with, the 4cyl. does have a sweet purr to it.

For some other old iron to play with, though not a genset, is a Wisconsin AENLD 9.2 hp engine driving by sprocket and chain, a cable winch.

I think I will have a good time on this site, I need to get over to the Onan forum for some help and hope to do what I can to contribute and help others on the forum.

Rustynut
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2012, 04:04:36 PM

Thanked 11,677 Times in 3,591 Posts
Default Re: Hello from MI

Welcome to SmokStak!

I'm just South of you by the State Line. I have steam traction engines.

You will get lost for DAYS!!!

Beth
Old 06-09-2012, 06:08:16 PM
Registered-II

Default Re: Hello from MI

Welcome to you also . I'm also just south of you in Adrian . Your right , this is a great site . If you cant get an answer of some kind , about anything mechanical , and sometimes otherwise , on this site , then there probly isnt an answer ,YET . So enjoy , its amazeing how much knowledge there is here .
Dave