Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Hello from Kimball, Tennessee

this thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 1053 times

Old 12-04-2012, 11:52:12 PM
Registered

Talking Hello from Kimball, Tennessee

Hello to all from the volunteer state, this is my first post, hope it is in the right place. I just aquired my first hit and miss motor and small grist mill. I finally beat my uncle out of it with a little arm twisting, he had owned the motor and mill for around 40 years and wanted to restore it but never got around to it, now I have a good project for the winter. I have started tearing the motor down and looking for a name on it but I haven't found anything yet, I took a few pictures of it and I want to post these in the right place and maybe someone in smoke stack land will be able to tell me what brand of motor I have. I am having the head re-done now and I am in the process of buying some casters and building a cart to hold this monster so that I can take it outside to pressure wash and sand blast. The motor is so heavy that I cannot budge it sitting on the floor but I have a cherry picker to aid in moving it around. I also have a Briggs and Stratton washing machine motor, it has a hand crank lever on it and I restored and painted it a few years a go. Well I have bent your ears with this sorta long post and I had better stop before I get run off the forum, take care everyone and try to be good if you can.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gary Dixon For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 10:45:31 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 6,178 Times in 2,456 Posts
Default Re: Hello from Kimball, Tennessee

Welcome to the Stak, Gary!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:44:39 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,597 Times in 912 Posts

Welcome to the stak. Post your pictures in the antique engine forum under unidentified engines. There are some people on here who can identify engines I have never heard of. Bill K
Old 12-06-2012, 12:01:52 AM
Registered-I

Welcome from the oppisite side of Mt.Eagle... Here in McMinnville
Old 12-06-2012, 12:45:34 AM
Registered-III

Hello from Western Canada.
Sounds like you will enjoy it on here
Dan
Old 12-06-2012, 10:51:43 PM
Registered

Hello, you are not that far from me, i used to work at AEDC on construction, we built the ASTF addition where all the testing duct was above ground, I left there in 1985.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

I tried posting some pictures the other night, couldn't do it, maybe i wasn't holding my mouth right, it said the upload failed, I will try again. I would take some more pics but I have most of the motor dismantled now, just about ready to do the pressure washing and then the sand blasting. I am hopeing that a name might pop up when I start cleaning the "Beast".
Old 12-07-2012, 03:33:24 AM

Thanked 17,706 Times in 5,300 Posts

Welcome to Stak Gary.
The "upload failed" dialog is a sure sign of over sized images.
If the images are as they came from the camera they are surely too large.
I have successfully uploaded images slightly over 2 megs in size without difficulty but usually resize images to 1000 pixels for the larger dimension.
Good luck and I look forward to your photos.......
The Following User Says Thank You to Craig A For This Post: