Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Hello from Elmira, OR

this thread has 0 replies and has been viewed 794 times

Old 12-28-2012, 02:57:10 PM
Registered-II

Default Hello from Elmira, OR

I'm a retired metalsmsith, contractor specializing in hollow metal doors and frames (steel doors) used in commercial and industrial buildings. Since retiring, I just putter around in my shop and work around the property. I try to have a project for the Winter months. A couple of Winters ago, I remodeled and restored a 23' Itasca motorhome. Then the following Winter I restored a Wards/Gilson garden tractor to working condition and fabricated a drag for the driveway and made a bucket out of the blade. Both of these projects are shown on my website at http://www.metalsmithpro.com

My latest project is to be a trailer mounted genset for use around the property as well a back-up to the home. I bought a Kohler 7CM21 with great running engine (K582QS), but found that the generator head is shot. Now I'm recycling the generator head and suspect that the engine will go on the market soon.

I'm searching for the perfect genset for this project. There may be one in Portland...just trying to decide if I want to make the drive (5 hr round trip) to pick it up. It is a 6.5 kw Onan commercial. Adequate size, but 8 kw would be better.

That's what bring me here. Reading through the forums, I'm thinking there are folks here that can be a big help.
Sponsored Links