Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Hello from Central Illinois

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 850 times

Old 10-28-2013, 09:18:05 AM
Registered

Default Hello from Central Illinois

Hi, I have been looking and learning from this site for years and just now have decided to join. I live in central Illinois near Pontiac, own a 1/2 scale Case, a '49 John Deere A, possess a '37 Ford 9n (not sure who owns it after it has sat here for 10 years), a 1950 Fairmont S-2 RR speeder and lots of other heavy rusty objects. I'm interested in steam, old tractors, cars & most anything mechanical. I recently retired which means I get to obsess about going broke all day instead of only at night and my ssn is: ha, gotcha there didn't I. My name is John. Right now I am working on my sons old golf cart & just recently changed the axles in my '91 Mercury Capri. I have a short attention span and very little patience. I'm working on both but it ain't coming fast enough for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to trainut For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2013, 05:31:24 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 6,529 Times in 3,165 Posts
Default Re: Hello from Central Illinois

Welcome aboard SmokStak John.

If you need someplace to run that Fairmont at, we have a short rail line up at Freeport with a Heisler logging locomotive and 3 diesels along with a couple motor cars we use for track maintenance.

We're shut down for the year now, but will open up again next Memorial Day.

Last time I got down to Pontiac was for their 50th anniversary show. If things ever work out for me, I'd like to make it down there again sometime along with hitting a few other shows I've missed.
The Following User Says Thank You to OTTO-Sawyer For This Post: