Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Hello... New from SE Alabama

this thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 801 times

Old 12-29-2013, 06:20:01 PM
Registered

Default Hello... New from SE Alabama

Hi all, second day on the forum..I'm getting lost with so many great pics and information!
I'm located halfway between Montgomery and Dothan on our farm in Pike county..IH, Farmall collector, and now trying my hand on stationary engines after seeing the hit-n-miss ice cream makers at Georgia's Ag Expo over the years..
Got an Economy 1 1/2hp on our place that I'd like to restore thats been frozen in time since early '50's, so would like to locate a Hercules pro on the forum or any other folks from around the area to chat with (Ed Lowell, Old proff, you guys seem close by)

Thanks for everyone's time and ready to take in any advice I can find!

Jeff Harrison
Banks, Alabama
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2013, 07:06:37 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,597 Times in 912 Posts
Default Re: Hello..New from SE Alabama

Hi and welcome to the stak. I am in Madison MS a suburb of Jackson MS not to far away from you. I am a member of a club out of Laurel MS and a club out of Houston MS. I also try to go to a show every summer in Alabama just west of Bessemer. I used to make the trip several times a year to Fort Rucker when I worked for the army. The show in AL is a very good show and it is in July every year. We have a good show in Jackson every year usually in September. Any questions you have just ask. There a lot of people on here who Know a lot more than I do and there is always someone to answer questions. Bill K
Old 12-29-2013, 07:31:51 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 6,178 Times in 2,456 Posts

Jeff:

Welcome to the Stak!

I'm not an expert on Economy engines but it really doesn't take a lot of exeprtise to fix most flywheel engines once you understand the different ways they run.

Being in Port St. Joe, FL, (about 25 miles east of Panama City) I'm not close enough to you for us to visit.

If you have specific questions, don't hesitate to ask here. Just about any question you have can be answered by one of us. Now, the answer may be wrong but at least, we try to be helpful.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:28:56 PM
Registered

guys, appreciate the welcome, will likely lean on ya'll for insight on this creature..
Heard of the Tannehill show over the years near Bessemer so i'll be looking that up..

Jeff
Old 12-30-2013, 01:47:36 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,597 Times in 912 Posts

You will really like the Tannerhill show. some of us even get there on thursday. Bill K