Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Howdy from NW Arkansas

this thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 875 times

Old 01-06-2014, 06:23:57 PM
Registered

Default Howdy from NW Arkansas

Howdy everybody... Like some others, I've been a "motorhead" for most of my life. Fact is, that's my cb handle... Anyway, I recently started to restore a Witte 2hp (head type) that has been in the family since new the best I can figure. It used to pump water on a great uncles farm in MO the way I remember it. I'm 55, so this is my project for now, to get it back up and running. It was under my Dads bench all my life, never ran, when he passed away I took it knowing someday I would get it running again. Nice to find this site with like minded people !! I've built many a V8 hotrod (Mopars) from ground up, but this is sort of new to me. I understand a lot, but so many things different on these Cool engines. Even being an ex-aircraft mech helps a littlle... I hope to get some help here, bet I can... Thanks, have a great day, Monkey (Darel)
The Following User Says Thank You to Monkey For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2014, 06:40:56 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Howdy from NW Arkansas

Darel, welcome aboard. You will get plenty of help here, don't be afraid to ask. Your past mechanical endeavors will come in handy, but as you will learn, when working on most of these old engines, don't agonize over torque specs , out of round or pitted bores, clearances in .001 of an inch, etc. Save that stuff for your hot rods. Speaking of which, I hope your Mopar rods were Mopar powered. Ever done a Mopar flathead?
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Krummel For This Post:
Old 01-06-2014, 07:28:52 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,597 Times in 912 Posts

Hi. Welcome to the stak. Alot of us are into most everything. And we just have fun with all of it. I have a 2hp witte that I hope to get back together this year, one of the 2 projects i hope to do this year. The other is a ct2. Bill K
Old 01-06-2014, 08:06:36 PM
Registered

Hi darel i live in springdale and a group of us get to gather on tuesday & thusdays and work on old engines and stuff if you would like to call me i can tell you where we meet 957/5498
Old 01-06-2014, 10:34:30 PM
Email Not Working

Im just up the road from you in Missouri. Im about four miles across the line on 71 to hwy 90 and then about four miles east. Bryan is a good friend. We have a show twice a year at Gentry Ed the Le Roi man
Old 01-09-2014, 01:20:41 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Parsons View Post
Hi darel i live in springdale and a group of us get to gather on tuesday & thusdays and work on old engines and stuff if you would like to call me i can tell you where we meet 957/5498
Wow,,, I never would have figured !!! I'll be giving you a call !!! Thanks VERY Much !!!!

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

And Thanks Ed ! Hope we can meet up someday !!!!
I know where Pineville is... I'm in Rogers... Grew up in Springdale...

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Krummel View Post
Darel, welcome aboard. You will get plenty of help here, don't be afraid to ask. Your past mechanical endeavors will come in handy, but as you will learn, when working on most of these old engines, don't agonize over torque specs , out of round or pitted bores, clearances in .001 of an inch, etc. Save that stuff for your hot rods. Speaking of which, I hope your Mopar rods were Mopar powered. Ever done a Mopar flathead?
I've been learning some of that, like specs of thousands,,, etc.. LOL Thanks... I would like to get things as "right" as I can... And yes, a true Mopar guy, (or used to be) . Built 340's, 360's, and a 413. My job prevents me from 'having fun' on the streets anymore... Maybe again someday... My last was a 'built' W2 head 360,, 4 speed 78 Volare. Now to a 2 HP Witte. My how things change huh ????