Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Greetings from Middle Tennessee

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 647 times

Old 04-25-2014, 06:37:46 AM
Registered

Default Greetings from Middle Tennessee

Just joined the forum as I was given an old 2 HP R & V Triumph SR. It will be a challenge but one I intend to enjoy. Had been sitting for over 30 years but want to restore it because it came from a gentleman's estate that was kind and patient with me while teaching me basic machine shop work.
My other hobbies are machine tools, bass fishing, and ham radio--CW or morse code is 99% the way I communicate when using my ham radio.
I rented a building and turned it into a "fix it" machine shop for the locals--- or anyone who needs SIMPLE machine work done at no charge and no warranty and no paper work to keep up with.
I am a retired high school teacher where I coached basketball and baseball for 35 years. Been married to a very patient wife for 44 years and we have two wonderful sons with one 3 year old grandson who will get to "tinker" with any machines I have and inherit any he gets interested in--hopefully, the R & V.
Look forward to soaking in some of the unlimited knowledge on this forum.
Shelby
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2014, 08:14:27 AM
In Memory Of

Thanked 3,488 Times in 2,065 Posts
Default Re: Greetings from Middle Tennessee

Welcome to the Stak:
A place with lots of similar old guys hanging out with our obsession for old iron.