Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Help Posting Photos Please

this thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 3113 times

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 01:06:27 PM
Registered-III

Unhappy Help Posting Photos Please

I'm New At This. I Got Pictures Downloaded From Camera To Computer. They Are In Microsoft Picture It.i Went To The Testboard,clicked On Postmessage,tried To Upload Photo's To The Message Board,but No Picture Came? I Know There Is Something That I Am Not Doing Correctly. Thanks In Advance,kevin
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2005, 06:36:11 PM
Registered-II

Default Re: Help Posting Photos Please

Kevin,
Post your message, then go down to Additional Options, in that box in the Attach Files click on Manage Attachments box, Browse to where your photo is click on Upload, Close this Window, then Post Message or Submit Reply. If this doesn't work try resizing your photo to about 800X600.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:09:49 AM
Registered-II

I understand that we can't post pics larger than 97kb or so, and I have seen lots of suggestions about resizing photos so that they will be small enough to post, but how do I do that? I have Kodak Easy Share, HP Fax and Picture Viewer, MS Fax and Picture Viewer, and I can't find any way for any of these programs to resize my pics. My pics all seem to be around 700kb or bigger. Any help (in plain english) would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:17:00 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 2,163 Times in 775 Posts

Well.... I have about 3 different picture programs. HP Photo and imaging, Photoimpression 4, and one that came with my camera. and they all seem to have a Edit option where you can adjust the size of the picture. If you select the picture then click edit there shoud be places you can adjust the size. There might be some numbers in there and you can take them out and put in the smaller ones or some go by %. But check keep aspect ratio or you might get a Funny Pic...

Some E-mail programs may have a place to reduce photo's.... Just e-mail them to yourself if all else fails..

Also some cameras have a low resoluton mode that will produce around a 50K picture.

I am a Complete Computor IDIOT and if I can do it anybody Can.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:11:24 PM
Registered-III

Default Finally Got A Picture To Post

After Some Trial And A Lot Of Error, I Finally Got My Picture To Post. Thanks To All. Kevin
Old 01-03-2005, 08:56:20 PM
Registered-II

Ken, thanks for the info. I have tried "edit" in all three of my viewer programs and can't find an option that allows me to resize. Doesn't mean it's not there, just that a computer retard like me can't find it (yet). Trust me, I am more of a computer idiot than you.
I think my best bet is to do as you say and use the viewers email function to send email versions of the pics to myself. I think it reduces the pics file size to about 10% of original. A great idea - why didn't I think of that!
Also, I will get my son to set the camera to a lower resolution (this is one case where it is good to have a teenager around!). Thanks for the suggestion.
Closed Thread