Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Baker Hamilton and Pacific Co. Help!!!

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 3412 times

Old 01-28-2005, 08:48:23 PM
Rusty Seeker

Unhappy Baker Hamilton and Pacific Co. Help!!!

HELP!

Does anybody have any information about Baker Hamilton & Pacific Co.? I have a 3 and a half horse Alamo Type M built for Baker Hamilton & Pacific Co. The tag states that the company was in San Francisco California. This is one of only 3 (that I know of) engines built for this company, and the 2 others are different HP sizes, one is a 6 and a half, and the other is a 1 and a half. I have done extensive research, and nuthin' besides BH&P made locks. Any help or links will be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Rusty
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2005, 09:09:38 PM
In Memory Of Helen

Wink Re: Baker Hamilton and Pacific Co. Help!!!

See;
http://www.lampguild.org/QandApage/a...s/Q0002973.htm

It seems it was one of the biggest hardware stores in the western United States. It would make sense that it was rebadged by them or for them.

There are some other sites that mention the building in San Francisco. Try Google......Helen
Old 02-01-2005, 01:03:46 AM
Rusty Seeker

Default Re: Baker Hamilton and Pacific Co. Help!!!

I have seen Bull Dog engines at shows with tags that say "Baker Hamilton Co" or something like that... they are also painted the same color I am finding under the grease on my Alamo... Thanks for the help!

Rusty
Old 02-01-2005, 11:46:50 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Baker Hamilton and Pacific Co. Help!!!

B,H&P was a large hardware distributor in San Francisco. A friend has an original catalog, about three inches thick, with every kind of hardware part you can imagine for the day. It showed a complete listing of Alamo gas engines, all sizes were offered.