Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Members List

this thread has 19 replies and has been viewed 4039 times

Old 02-01-2005, 07:20:22 PM
Email NOT Working

Default Members List

Looking at the information in the members list I would like to ask a question. Why not give more information on where you live, what your interests are and so on. It would be nice to know where you actually are (town) and so on. Some of us have the opportunity to travel and may get a chance to visit some if possible to see old iron.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2005, 11:43:38 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Members List

I agree! All these codes seem unnecessary (and annoying). I have posted numerous times on this board and Fordbarn, using my name and hometown with pride. Never a problem.

Dick Webber
Bowling Green KY
Old 02-02-2005, 11:04:59 PM
Registered-II

One consideration is the security that Harry speaks of constantly. How many unknown people are reading the posts on here? If I choose to tell a fellow collector where I live, and what I have, it's between the two of us. If I post it on here, I'm shouting it to the world.
Theft is becoming a very real problem in the hobby, and the value of our toys is rising. If is post on here that I live city X, in state Y, then it isn't that hard to track me down. If I go ahead and list my toys, then I am advertising to any potential thief where I am, and what I have. I simply don't care to advertise. And yes, I have been a theft victim, and don't care to repeat the experience.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:25:23 PM
Registered-III

Here--- Here to the theift victim!!!!!
Old 02-03-2005, 12:11:36 AM
In Memory Of Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom G
Theft is becoming a very real problem in the hobby, and the value of our toys is rising. If is post on here that I live city X, in state Y, then it isn't that hard to track me down. If I go ahead and list my toys, then I am advertising to any potential thief where I am, and what I have. I simply don't care to advertise. And yes, I have been a theft victim, and don't care to repeat the experience.
Did this theft involve engines???? Or are you generalizing?

Gee, now I know now why when we receive emails with questions regarding Ottawa engines that there is no name of the individual, many times not even the serial number of the engine, no particulars, but they need awswers to the questions. They want pictures of what we have etc but they are afraid we will steal theirs. I am just a slow learner! I would rather trust some one who gives me a name up front!

I wouldn't want to be in this hobby if it was a constant worry! Don't have enough years left to enjoy it as it is! Helen
Old 02-03-2005, 12:46:19 AM

Thanked 17,706 Times in 5,300 Posts

No one is asking for a life history---only your area of interest.
I often wonder that myself when I look to see who's in the chatroom. I like engines too but I want to CHAT about TRACTORS......gas OR steam.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:07:21 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 2,162 Times in 775 Posts

Well..... With Switchboard, Anywho, Who Where, Plat Books... and Heaven Forbid Phone Books, Most of these services will give them a Map Right to you door... If anybody wants to find you I doubt they will depend on Harrys'....
Old 02-03-2005, 01:39:47 AM
Registered-I

Re: Members info---I am in sunny Naples FL, have decent collection of Hit/Miss engines, farm memorabilia, small air cooled engines and fifteen tractors. I welcome visits from stackers and others. Come by and we will go for a swamp buggy ride, or go for a cruise in a restored 1947 Ford firetruck.

Hank Bahmer
239 732-9937
Old 02-03-2005, 03:58:16 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 5,701 Times in 1,228 Posts

Hank: If I ever get to Florida, I'll take you up on that "SWAMP BUGGY RIDE" . I remember seeing them in Popular Mechanics as a kid and always wanted one. Only problem was, no swamps around where I lived big enough. I guess there is a swamp buggy museum/association with web sites and all that around someplace in Florida, with all kinds of models, new and old, just like old engines. Anything mechanical interests me and right now (for years) it's been old engines.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:38:11 PM
In Memory Of Helen

Smile Re: Members List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Bahmer
I am in sunny Naples FL, have decent collection of Hit/Miss engines, farm memorabilia, small air cooled engines and fifteen tractors. I welcome visits from stackers and others. Come by and we will go for a swamp buggy ride, or go for a cruise in a restored 1947 Ford firetruck.
That's very informative but you don't have anything in your profile! We are all going to forget where to locate you when we want that Swamp buggy ride. We'll have to search the archives! Shame!

Folks, on this site there are are functions not available to you if you are not a registered user, such as your profile which can not be seen by people that are not registered and logged in.. You can always include your town or city in your biography rather than in location.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:59:55 PM
Email NOT Working

Red face Re: Members List

Possible I miss stated my thoughts about my previous post. Check out both my personal pages ,Smokestak and large engine. I was more hopefull of some general information. I do not think you could walk up to my door from either post. All my engines are inside and IF there was a problem I could iron it out with MR. 357. I was just more thinking of having more than my name on these personal pages. They could be of general information of age, interests what you do and that sort of thing. I was not thinking of street addresses phone number or much more personal information than that. Fortunately here you can still leave home with your door unlocked go to town and leave your keys in the car and still come back to both .Sorry for the rest of you.

Bob Out west on the high desert
Old 02-05-2005, 02:33:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Johnson
Fortunately here you can still leave home with your door unlocked go to town and leave your keys in the car and still come back to both .Sorry for the rest of you.
Don't be so smug Bob!!! We don't lock doors either!!!
yet....
Old 02-05-2005, 10:07:18 AM
Registered-III

Careful!!! It' only takes once. I lost my keys to the truck once and found them stuck in the passenger door lock 3 days later. Give me your home address and I might visit you when your not there. Just kidden.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:53:53 PM
In Memory Of Helen

Angry Re: Members List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fultz
Careful!!! It' only takes once. I lost my keys to the truck once and found them stuck in the passenger door lock 3 days later. Give me your home address and I might visit you when your not there. Just kidden.
My husband can do you one better! He couldn't find a credit card! Late the same afternoon a neighbor from a mile away was out walking and found it lying along the road. He had gotten gas 40 miles away and apparently dropped it on the running board of the truck. How's that for luck?....Helen
Old 02-05-2005, 08:40:58 PM
trbailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Majeski
Well..... With Switchboard, Anywho, Who Where, Plat Books... and Heaven Forbid Phone Books, Most of these services will give them a Map Right to you door... If anybody wants to find you I doubt they will depend on Harrys'....
I couldn't stand to have to worry about all my personal belongings everytime I went somewhere. I would like to know more about people on the Stak. I love huntin, need I say more. trbailey Logan, OH
Old 02-05-2005, 11:52:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fultz
Well. should you decide to pay us a "visit" at least we won't have a busted door to fix on top of what you took!!!

Also just kidden'
Old 02-06-2005, 01:01:44 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,058 Times in 350 Posts
Photo Re: Members List

My security system is far from silent but she knows where the treats are and will show you what door to open to get them.....for her!

I'm 20 miles South of Akron Ohio and would be more than willing to help get an engine closer your way if I can.. As far as visitors, Your more than welcome to stop by.. Just give me till mid summer to get this Mess put away from this building.
Attached Thumbnails
dixiedog.jpg  
Old 02-06-2005, 02:56:16 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 4,323 Times in 932 Posts

This is my engine security. 35kg of German Shepherd
Old 02-06-2005, 09:20:28 PM
Subscriber

Until recently we had a Labrador/Shepherd mix that weighed 144 lbs. His nickname was "SIR". Al Wait
Old 02-11-2005, 10:01:09 PM
Registered-III

Kunfo Kat #1
Attached Thumbnails
bailey bubbles 011.jpg