Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Your States biggest shows.

this thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 1392 times

Old 02-19-2005, 10:07:54 PM
Registered-III

Default Your States biggest shows.

I am trying to plan a few engine related trips for this year, and would like to know your States biggest (most engines) shows and flea markets. I would especially like info for Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Ohio. Any help would be appriciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2005, 10:49:27 PM
Registered-III

Default Re: Your States biggest shows.

I would say in my state, the biggest and best show would be the Cental Mass Gas and Steam Machinery Association show at the Orange Airport in Orange MA. It is a great show and the first engine show I ever went to four years ago. And now i am hooked on shows .
~ Jonathan
Old 02-19-2005, 11:41:29 PM
Registered-I

Oblong Ill. is A real engine show.second week end in Aug 12/13/14/2005 they have several large engines 60hp Munce 100hp fb&m big Superiors and others on permanent display and a working power pumping oil wells a few miles away at Flat rock Ill. have been there everyear but cant tell what year this is. I would not miss this one. Don bAKER
Old 02-19-2005, 11:45:04 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 2,158 Times in 774 Posts

Well.... In Wisconsin I would say Baraboo is the biggest as far as Gas Engines are concerened and they do have a pretty good flea market with quite a few engine related items. Edgerton and Edgar are fairly large but not nearly as strong for Gas Engines from my observation.

If you get to Baraboo there are different areas with Gas Engines including behind the engine shed... Usually quite a variety...
Old 02-20-2005, 01:17:13 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 4,116 Times in 1,011 Posts

Well, I doubt that you will come clear out to Oregon. But our biggest show is the Great Oregon Steam Up at Brooks. I have heard that it is the biggest show on the west coast. Dont know if it is true or not, but that is what I heard. It is a real good show with plenty of RARE engines and tractors that you normally dont see out west.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:16:12 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,305 Times in 875 Posts

Tanner Brooks is probably the biggest but Pottsville is a nice show too. In mi. 1st week end of june is Hudson Mills( Ann Arbor) nice show with a 100 or so engines and antique tractor pulls and in 2nd or 3rd wk of July is nike Park(Monroe) little bigger then Hudson Mills.Ussally some real rare engines. Good mix of tractors and engines no full sized tractor pulls but have tractor baseball.Both of these in in south east MI.I display at both but the folks at Hudson Mills treat ya better(and they dont charge ya to show!)! BobRR
Old 02-21-2005, 12:06:39 AM
Registered-III

Wisconsin Shows- Baraboo has the most acres and stationary gas engines, Thresheree has double the attendence. Thresheree has bigger permenent stationary engines, Baraboo has more. Thresheree has way more steam traction, big gas tractors, and classic tractors. Answer- come to both!