Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

They are still out there!

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 1084 times

Old 04-19-2005, 10:47:10 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,296 Times in 309 Posts
Default They are still out there!

Some people have all the luck!

A friend called me last night to tell me he had just bought a new engine, a 3hp Olds 2A right out of a barn where it had sat for years. He had been told by a guy who was working on a tractor for the people that owned the Olds that he seen "One of those old engines like you collect" my friend went to see the owners who had no interest in it and where more than happy to see it leave with someone who will appreciate it. Ironically the s/n is a mere 18 over the one on my Olds 3hp.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2005, 05:35:01 PM
Registered-II

Default Re: They are still out there!

Hi Jim

I would like to have some of your friend's luck. What a find! I have put together an informal register of Olds engines that have surfaced here in Australia. I have posted earlier trying to determine dates for the engines but have not had any replies. The 3HP 2A is the rarest one in Oz with one one or two on the list. In all there are around 45 known Olds or Seager engines now on the list. Mostly 4.5HP or 6HP, but there are a couple of 1.5HP 1A's & a 12HP portable! Still would love to hear someone pop up with dating info! Luke