Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Home for my junk--OT

this thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 1557 times

Old 04-19-2005, 09:01:50 PM
Subscriber

Photo Home for my junk--OT

Fellow with a helicopter [last fall] took this picture of my place--there is a bit more stuff now plus a greenhouse--enjoy-
d,j,
Attached Thumbnails
Our Place 2.JPG  
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2005, 06:19:35 AM
Sponsor

Default Re: Home for my junk--OT

I still see stuff sitting outside, DJ.....plenty of room for another building!!!
Old 04-20-2005, 10:10:34 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,953 Times in 1,054 Posts

Plenty of room for more junk, too-unless your county gov. is doing what ours tried & had to back off from last year-a "junk" ordinance. They found out the old saw about "one man's treasure" is not imaginary...
Ron in CO...
Old 04-20-2005, 11:57:23 AM
Subscriber

the county sheriff lives next door--he likes the old stuff--comes whenever I have a show--there is a hedgerow along the front of the place along the road, you are hard pressed to see any of the stuff as you drive by--if it gets all that bad--I will take over the indoor arena--[the bigger building]--it is bigger anyway--72 by 120--the one I use as a shop/warehouse is only 50 by 100--but that said--they are having a planing and zoneing meeting this friday--about changing a bunch of property to rural/residential-about 1/2 mile from me--probably a bunch of pretty boys--zone me out????
d,j,
Old 04-20-2005, 02:55:59 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,007 Times in 208 Posts

Was surprised to learn this. I thought it was different in the country of "Wild West" but obviously not.

Tore Blom
Old 04-20-2005, 04:56:33 PM
Registered-III

Ihorse,
I know its a PITA but I'd get involved with local govment, if for nothing else to just head off "idiots in a position of power" who think they have the power of God. The local "idiot" worries about what everybody has in their yard and says that "you need to keep your place clean incase somebody from out of town drives though. They might get a bad impression from your stuff in your yard"! Yea, and they won't notice the big abandoned quanset hut down on main street thats caving in! But they'll drive all the way to the edge of town just to look at my yard! Yea right! I'm waiting for the next election to see about becoming a "Elected Offical". See if I can't put a kink in his plans.
The State of Kansas has in the past used airplanes to "look" out in dense woods and open fields looking for "junk" piles, old cars/trucks/tractors, and dump pits to try to "clean" the enviroment up. What do they make you do with it? Go dump it in a pit on their property down at the local landfill. Doesn't make much since to me. I wonder, I seen a quad "50" Anti-aircraft setup for sale in the Machine Gunners News the other day, I wonder what, oh, 1000 rds. of tracer would cost,,, naay,,, color wouldn't match any of my other "junk".

I got to go "rearrange" (consolidate) some stuff so it looks like its being removed.
See ya!
Richard