Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Air compressor display ideas

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 1420 times

Old 05-08-2005, 06:46:47 PM
Subscriber

Default Air compressor display ideas

Any ideas or pictures on what to do with an old air compressor for a display idea. NO AIR HORNS.

I did see a John Deere pto pump clamped to a fence post with a crank handle attached to it. The kids had to pump up their own balloons.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2005, 07:46:27 PM
Registered-II

Default Re: Air compressor display ideas

What about steam whistles? I also have a small steam engine that I run with mine. I use a pop off valve and force the exhaust to one of them so they run ever once in a while as I reach the pressure relief point. I also use it to pump up my compressed air potato gun. Good luck keep it safe.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:46:14 PM
Registered-II

I always thought it was neat when I was kid and we went to Sears. They had their vacuum cleaners set up with the exhaust holding a ball up. It was a light weight ball about the size of a volley ball. That would take quit a few cfm it you left it there indefinite.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:51:26 AM
Registered-II

I have a compressor that I run with a 5s. I built a small manifold and put a pressure guage on it and an old exhaust whistle. I am thinking this year of running a model steam engine with it. Compressed air is usually pretty fun and easy to use as a load for old engines. Just remember to use a pop off valve!!

The Simple Serf