Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Madison Kipp oiler

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 2656 times

Old 05-10-2005, 12:10:34 AM
Sponsor

Thanked 4,673 Times in 3,027 Posts
Question Madison Kipp oiler

I have what I believe to be a Madison Kipp 4 point oiler, on a Charter-Meitz engine. The Zinc eccentrics have cracked and deteriated., as well as some other parts are needed. Does anyone have a parts source for this item, or can anyone direct me to a business that repairs them? Thank you.
Andrew
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2005, 05:15:37 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Madison Kipp oiler

hrtprr30@msn.com Dave Preus of this e-mail address answered my Madison-Kipp questions. He is a Hart-Parr man but they have the oilers.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:27:13 PM
Registered-II

Smile Re: Madison Kipp oiler

I just bought one off A fellow in Canada, it was in good condition and when i put oil in it two points did not work.
I pulled it appart and found the mesh on two little segments was out, very simple fix and now it works just one of those things.
They have no valves and rely on the timing of the ports, the twisting and vertical movement that happens.
Otherwise i would not have known this.

It went to a friend with a 10 20 so a little bigger than what you have.

He is a very honest person and may have some other bits for it or a whole unit.

Edwin Marchesich is his name and you can find him by doing a simple search for his name on Enginads, there should be a link for his email contact.

If he does not have any parts you can make the diecast bits out of bronze which is much better material as water and diecast do not mix.
Most of the bottom end was steel or cast iron so should survive.

regards,
Alastair Geddes.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:24:21 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 2,158 Times in 774 Posts
Default Re: Madison Kipp oiler

Well I think the model 30 is really hard to find parts for. But the model 50 is another story. There are Right and left hand pumps and they are interchangeable except for being Right and Left. For example you can take a pump out of a 6 feed and put is in a 4 feed or even a single feed. Ive found a few at swap meets, Farm auctions, and even on Ebay. I bought a real Nice later model 4 feed off ebay a couple years ago for 26 bucks.

I converted a 5 feed into a 6 feed a few years ago for my Rumely F. The case was the same just had to take out a spacer and drill a couple holes and add another pump.