Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Wisconsia PEP (i think)

this thread has 7 replies and has been viewed 1270 times

Old 05-28-2005, 06:39:29 AM
Registered-III

Default Wisconsia PEP (i think)

Hi Everyone,
came across this neat engine today and bought it home! I believe its called a Wisonsia PEP?? I know absolutly nothing about it can anyone help?

Thanks so much,
Roo
Attached Thumbnails
pwep_sml.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2005, 08:48:38 AM
Registered-III

Default Wiscona Pep (I know!!) History and Info

UNREAL!!! 20 minutes and I had the correct name and history!!! WOW you guys are fantastic!

Does anyone have any production numbers, manual/ sales brochures or transfers for this model of engine?

And how do you know if its a 1.5 or a 3hp?

Cheers,
ROO
Old 05-28-2005, 09:30:08 AM
Email NOT Working

Thanked 1,705 Times in 1,016 Posts
Default Re: Wisconsia PEP (i think)

That looks like a Wiscona Pep to me. I think they're throttle governed, but I've never seen one and don't know anything about them. It looks great! Kevin
Old 05-28-2005, 06:20:17 PM
Subscriber

Your engine is a Wiscona pep. I have a 11/2 and a 3hp model. On mine the hp is stamped on the water hopper. They are throttle gov. dual fuel engines . The information I have found says they were built for export to the United Kingdom and there were not many in the United States but there seems to be more and more showing up. In the BYB they are mentioned in the information on Termat and Monahan. I found some information on a group of owners but was not able to get a response . They are a very unique engine. Does your engine have the pre heater for the Kero? Gary
Old 05-28-2005, 11:10:59 PM
Registered-II

Gary, have Wiscona Pep without mag or ignitor. would like bracket # and type of mag. where is serial #? has no brass plate. mine converted to buzz coil & mag. Hot in central Taxas-Joe Fisher
Old 05-29-2005, 12:47:14 AM
Registered-III

Hi Guys,
thanks both so much for the replys. To answer your questions as you maybe able to see from the photo someone has placed a rubber pipe in mine to join the two tanks togeather from other photos ive seen the tanks are seperate from one another. So I suspect it would have only been run in Petrol? And there is no Kero Preheater

The serial number on mine is located in the middle of the water hopper below the twin tanks on a raised block.

My ignitor bracket number is 65M303

The mag is a Webster Osciliator type M31 (not sure exactly what this denotes) serial 89549

Would you guys (or anyone who has one) mind sharing the serial numbers of yours as I am very confused by mine which is G2I3I4L2hE ??? maybe we could make some comparisons?

Cheers,
Roo
Old 05-29-2005, 01:54:04 PM
Subscriber

Roo, I think the proper mixer for your engine would be an Essex with 2 needle valves. I never see any of these around but we have very little in the way os swap meets in Arizona. The preheater amounts to the fuel line closest to the exhaust making a loop around the exhaust pipe. The serial number on my 3hp is H10219 and the serial number on the 1 1/2hp is 9814. I will try to find a bracket number for Joe yet today. Hope this helps. Gary
Old 05-29-2005, 05:30:25 PM
Subscriber

Joe, the bracket number for the 1 1/2hp is 303M8 and I think it is the same for the 3hp. Hope this helps. Gary